Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a like new Glock 26 Gen 4. It's had less than 200 rounds through it and it looks brand new. It seemed find when I bought it , but when I got it home, I used a snap cap to dry fire it several times and noticed that the trigger pull seemed odd.

When I first place tension on the trigger, it takes a small amount of pressure... may 3 pounds?.. to get it to move at all. Then, it moves with no resistance about an eighth of an inch while making a "snick" sound. Then, trigger moves with about 3 pounds of pressure another eighth of an inch and stages. It takes significantly more pressure... maybe 6 pounds... to get the trigger to fire.

The snick sound is like the polymer of the trigger is binding on the polymer of the frame somewhere and then suddenly releasing. It's not a metallic snick sound.

Is this normal? It is some sort of safety feature? It's not really a problem per se, but I had an older, well-worn full size Glock 8 years ago and I'm pretty sure it didn't feel like this. As I recall, the older Glock would move effortlessly with almost no trigger finger pressure back to the staging point and then stop moving and get harder to pull, firing with maybe 5 pounds of pressure.

The biggest concern I have is the noise. In a perfectly quiet room, the sound could be heard from over 10 feet away.

If this isn't normal, how do I fix it?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I dont know about the 'sticky' part, and I dont have snap caps, but pulling a glock trigger with an empty gun is loud and I can hear it 10 feet away.
I would suggest running some live ammo thru it and see if it feels differant. It will certainly sound differant ! :}

And Welcome to the Forum !!!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I dont know about the 'sticky' part, and I dont have snap caps, but pulling a glock trigger with an empty gun is loud and I can hear it 10 feet away.
I would suggest running some live ammo thru it and see if it feels differant. It will certainly sound differant ! :}

And Welcome to the Forum !!!!!
Welcome. Yep, agree that the dry firing noise is very crisp and loud. Run some rounds through it to make sure when you need it to go bang, it doesn't go click! Different brands of ammo. And, the more the better! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not a dry-firing noise. That occurs later in the trigger pull when the hammer falls. This sound occurs after the trigger safety is fully depressed and after the trigger itself moves about an eighth of an inch and sticks. The sound occurs at the first movement of the trigger itself when it unsticks and moves to the staging point. The loud dry fire noise then occurs when more pressure is applied. The sounds are <snick> <CLACK> with the CLACK of the dry fire much louder.

After looking at it with a magnifying glass, the back part of the trigger safety doesn't fit flush against the back of the trigger when the trigger is pulled. It juts out about about a 32nd of an inch. It hits the frame and seems to snag on it briefly when pulling the trigger. It's not supposed to do this, right? I'm sure that by disassembling the gun, I can polish the back of the trigger safety a tiny, tiny bit to allow it to clear. I can't do it too much because it would disable the trigger safety entirely.

I think this is just a clearance tolerance issue. I just want to make sure it's not supposed to be this way.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I had a 26 gen4 and I have a 27 gen4. Both have triggers that felt "gritty." I have a 23 gen4 and the trigger pull is smooth as silk. I think it's a subcompact issue. If.you're really concerned, you should have someone take a look at it.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
seanvine .... If.you're really concerned said:
Agreed...If you're not qualified to work on it, I'd get someone who is to check it out...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ok. Sorry. I have a better understanding now as you reported what it's doing in much more detail. I would take it in, no doubt. If you use a local Glock dealer, you should be able to get it repaired at no charge. Even if it has to go to Smyrna. Point being, if it's doing something wrong, it shouldn't have to be filed or polished by you, even if you have the knowledge to do it. Bottom line, if it isn't acting right, Glock will make it right. :)

Reactions: texcowboy

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I use snap caps all the time and never hap a problem. if something feels sticky spray some wd 40 in the workins and cycle it a couple of times them wipe it down.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I use snap caps all the time and never hap a problem. if something feels sticky spray some wd 40 in the workins and cycle it a couple of times them wipe it down.
lol...makes me shudder..
Sorry........... explanation: I refuse to use WD 40 on firearms...especially semi-auto's, and especially in the action...while the product has some good properties that range from healing spider bites, to freeing up stuck parts... keeping surfaces free of crud and build up isn't one of 'em...

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Glock says there is 6 different spots to lube (what I hear) and the rest of the gun requires no lube but not hearing the sound and it location its hard to say what it is but its not snap caps because they have no moving parts to speak of

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
This is not a dry-firing noise. That occurs later in the trigger pull when the hammer falls. This sound occurs after the trigger safety is fully depressed and after the trigger itself moves about an eighth of an inch and sticks. The sound occurs at the first movement of the trigger itself when it unsticks and moves to the staging point. The loud dry fire noise then occurs when more pressure is applied. The sounds are <snick> <CLACK> with the CLACK of the dry fire much louder.

After looking at it with a magnifying glass, the back part of the trigger safety doesn't fit flush against the back of the trigger when the trigger is pulled. It juts out about about a 32nd of an inch. It hits the frame and seems to snag on it briefly when pulling the trigger. It's not supposed to do this, right? I'm sure that by disassembling the gun, I can polish the back of the trigger safety a tiny, tiny bit to allow it to clear. I can't do it too much because it would disable the trigger safety entirely.

I think this is just a clearance tolerance issue. I just want to make sure it's not supposed to be this way.
Welcome to the forum!

It's really hard to diagnose this type of thing over the internet. I would suggest taking it to a local range/gun store and explaining to the armorer/gunsmith. They might strip it down and find something simple (free) to correct. There's always a possibility of parts needing to be replaced, but Glock parts are pretty cheap.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

It's really hard to diagnose this type of thing over the internet. I would suggest taking it to a local range/gun store and explaining to the armorer/gunsmith. They might strip it down and find something simple (free) to correct. There's always a possibility of parts needing to be replaced, but Glock parts are pretty cheap.

Let us know how it goes.

Ditto...^^^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts