Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last week I have purchased a new Glock 26. I have fired about 300 rounds of Remingto UMC. In that time I have now had four jams.

The problem is that the empty remains in the ejector and the new round is jammed just below the chamber and the new round is damaged.

I have asked the gunsmith,where I purchased the new pistol, and he said I need to fire about 500 rounds before it is broken in. He also said I may not be grasping the weapon firmly enough which would prevent the pistol from properly ejecting the empty. This seems odd to me since I purchased the weapon for my personal protection! At what point can I feel secure that the handgun will fire. I am thinking I purchased the wrong handgun.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Werlcome Wayno. What is your background with shooting? Are you new or have you been shooting for a while. I do agree with the gunsmith at least with the information you have provided. It is possible that you have limp wristed some shots causing the casing to not eject properly. I would suggest that you continue your break in. Make sure you take some breakfree or the oil of your choice and oil it up a little when you are shooting. It's important to keep your wrist straight at all times. Let your arm absorb the recoil.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have had my G20 for not even two weeks, and during that time I have about 150 rounds through it. I had one jam on Sunday and I though that I had bent the ejector, but that was not the case, It was just a jam. It is normal for a break in period. I would change the ammo first and see if you have the same problem, if you still have the problem take it back to the gunsmith and have him shoot some rounds through it and see if he can repeat the problem.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome...I'm inclined to believe grip first, and possibly ammo 2nd...get the rounds thru it, and you'll be in love...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Strong grip is your friend, although limp wristing a sub-compact is not very common. None of my Glocks have required a break-in period to function properly...just smooths things out a bit.

G26 is one of the most awesomest carry pistols ever made and will serve you well. I'd suspect the ammo or grip before looking at a defective G26 - although it's possible.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Another thing since this is happening, it would be a good time to work on failure recovery, Make sure you can clear the misfire or misfeed and get back in the game with a running weapon. Try not to think about what happened and why but more on fix it and move on.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Another thing since this is happening, it would be a good time to work on failure recovery, Make sure you can clear the misfire or misfeed and get back in the game with a running weapon. Try not to think about what happened and why but more on fix it and move on.
Well said ZombieKiller. This is just as important as any thing else. When the situation arises and you have trouble you need to be ready to fix the problem and get back in the fight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reading around the different Glock forums, it seems the Remington UMC ammo may play a big part in the issue, or not. But it is something to think about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw this thread after having issues yesterday with my G26. It shot just fine with me, but my wife kept jamming it. I tend to think grip does play a big factor. This does concern me though, as a person in distress should not have to focus on perfect grip and wrist usage when defending themslef. This is a weekness in the design in my book; either the ejector is a weak design or the ejection port needs to be modified not to catch the ejecting round. She has shot my Sig p229 for 100s of rounds and it has never jammed once.

I will not be buying another glock

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
You should train to hold a pistol properly so in a time of distress it's second nature. I could hold my 19 with my teeth and 100% positive I wouldn't have a problem.
Don't get me wrong the 229 is a great pistol (I even have one) but twice the price, and much heavier.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
It shot just fine with me, but my wife kept jamming it.
limp wristing, she needs to hold it higher up in the grip

·
Registered
985 Posts
Saw this thread after having issues yesterday with my G26. It shot just fine with me, but my wife kept jamming it. I tend to think grip does play a big factor. This does concern me though, as a person in distress should not have to focus on perfect grip and wrist usage when defending themslef. This is a weekness in the design in my book; either the ejector is a weak design or the ejection port needs to be modified not to catch the ejecting round. She has shot my Sig p229 for 100s of rounds and it has never jammed once.

I will not be buying another glock

Hotter defense loads will cycle better than range ammo.
I have yet to have any issues with mine.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Hotter defense loads will cycle better than range ammo.
I have yet to have any issues with mine.
it will also shorten the life of the gun too

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I'm not talkin' about super-hot hand loads,
Glocks are made for +P.
not all Glocks are made for +P loads. heavy loads will shorten the life of any gun. Glock are designed to cycle with normal loads

if it doesn't have the dot in the house it is not +p rated Motor vehicle Font Material property Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2 Posts
limp wristing, she needs to hold it higher up in the grip
The next time we shoot, I will have to pay closer attention to that; you may have a good point as it pertains to her. thanks

Just noticed that I was a private,,,, been a long time since I was a boot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have -4 Glocks, a 21,36,23,17 and have not had any problems with those pistols. Also have xd40 m&pc9 ruger p94. The time I had a problem was with my Beretta 92. Just install an adjustable rear sight and sand bagging
my pistol for a sight in and must have limp wristed and got a double feed. I think you have to limp wrist very light to get most guns into trouble. If you stiff arm the gun then you are fine.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
The next time we shoot, I will have to pay closer attention to that; you may have a good point as it pertains to her. thanks

Just noticed that I was a private,,,, been a long time since I was a boot.
we promote fast.... hang in there

1 - 20 of 24 Posts