Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fired my new to me Glock 26 for the first time today. In fact it is the first Glock I've ever fired. I'm very pleased with the trigger, the mild recoil and the fact that it consistanly prints a small group for me. However, my groups are conistantly about 2 inches left and 4-5 inches low. Can these polymer sights be tapped like a steel sight to move for windage?

Also, I've read elsewhere in this forum that various hieght rear sights are availible. It looks like I need one sizer taller than what is currently on the pistol. Are the sights marked in some way to tell which is on the gun already or can I assume the gun was shipped with a specific sight? I've found a source (Lone Wolf) for the sights and they are inexpensive. I just don't know which I have now.

Thanks for any insight.

Mark in Alabama

·
Registered
960 Posts
Funny that you mention that! I was having trouble with my 36 when I first got it. Low and to the right. I really didn't understand what was wrong, so I purchased a rear adjustable site (made by Glock). Had it installed and groups began to get much better than before. Two things, I was quite sure it helped because my groups were on target after just one adjustment, next, I have to say I don't know how much it helped me in the long run because I got much better with practice. Hope that made sense. I love my 36 and am quite sure the firearm being subcompact threw me for a loop at first. Honestly, I can say, the more you fire, the better you will get.
The rear site has both windage and elevation adjustments. I provided an Ebay link for one that IMO, is a good price. Good Luck!! :)

Glock Sight Rear Adjustable Competition 17 19 22 23 26 27 31 32 33 34 | eBay

Reactions: threepdr

·
Registered
85 Posts
Funny that you mention that! I was having trouble with my 36 when I first got it. Low and to the right. I really didn't understand what was wrong, so I purchased a rear adjustable site (made by Glock). Had it installed and groups began to get much better than before. Two things, I was quite sure it helped because my groups were on target after just one adjustment, next, I have to say I don't know how much it helped me in the long run because I got much better with practice. Hope that made sense. I love my 36 and am quite sure the firearm being subcompact threw me for a loop at first. Honestly, I can say, the more you fire, the better you will get.
The rear site has both windage and elevation adjustments. I provided an Ebay link for one that IMO, is a good price. Good Luck!! :)

Glock Sight Rear Adjustable Competition 17 19 22 23 26 27 31 32 33 34 | eBay

I wouldnt change sights untill I shot a few hundred rounds through the gun. My 26 and 19 magically began shooting more accurately after I had them for a month.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
For some reason you are blaming the gun without testing it first. You didn't mention you sandbagged it to remove the human error. Until this is done you are wasting your money doing anything

shooting patterns.jpg

Reactions: RMD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not an accuracy issue. The pistol shoots very consistantly. I shot it off hand and from a rest. If I had been all over the place it would have been a different story.

Two boxes of ammo consistantly printed a respectful palm size group all in the same place, low and to the left. When I held off, high and to the right, the same group move to center mass. If it had been one of my weapons with an adjustable sight, I could have fixed it in a few clicks.

So the question remains, are Glock rear sights marked to show Hieght or is there a simple way to tell which is on the gun now?

Mark in Alabama

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
So the question remains, are Glock rear sights marked to show Height or is there a simple way to tell which is on the gun now?
I believe there are 4 different rear factory sights. I don't know about any markings but you can gage them with calipers

GLOCK

Reactions: threepdr

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Barstool,

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed. Looks like it came standard with 6.5mm, so a 6.9 will probably cure my problem. These can be had for less than $5, so no great investment if I need to switch back. The adjustable sight is tempting me. As ArmyCobra pointed out, these can be had on ebay for only about $25.

Thanks again

Mark in Alabama

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Generally sights are sold in sets meaning a front is matched with a rear. I got a set of truglo's off of amazon.com for 55.00+free shipping and no tax

·
Registered
960 Posts
Barstool,

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed. Looks like it came standard with 6.5mm, so a 6.9 will probably cure my problem. These can be had for less than $5, so no great investment if I need to switch back. The adjustable sight is tempting me. As ArmyCobra pointed out, these can be had on ebay for only about $25.

Thanks again

Mark in Alabama
It's not a lot of cash and like I mentioned before, it helped me the first time out with it after only minor adjustments. I like it on the 36 and unless I decide on changing the sites to night sites or fiber optic, it is staying on. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Although I always replace stock Glock sights, I've never shot one where the stock sights were off.

Low & left is very common and almost always is a correctable shooter issue. It certainly was with me :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Watch this before you start replacing sights. What I say sand bag the gun I mean front and rear so you are doing nothing but holding and pulling the trigger
[video=youtube;hfYiayYE3c0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfYiayYE3c0&feature=g-all[/video]

here is another look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MaacYadouM

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Barstool,

Thanks again

Mark in Alabama
Sounds like you may have it figured out...Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts