Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Light strikes, off center, factory ammo, 2000 rounds, Gen 3, mainly when slow firing, not just me shooting, gun is clean. Changed factory recoil spring to steel recoil spring, started noticing the occasional light strike. Much worse 8 months later. Changed firing pin spring, no change. I can see (& feel) it is not going back into battery. Rack a round into the chamber, gun goes bang. Next shot is a light strike, no bang. Rack that round out, a new round in the chamber, gun goes bang... repeat. My thought is the Glock 27 does not like a steel (or titanium) recoil spring. I put the original factory recoil spring back in, and it *seems* to be working properly. Glock wants me to send it back to them, but it's my carry weapon. I do have a Glock 22 I can carry, but I like this one.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
g27 is also my edc for many years now. one of he reasons i chose it is reliability and it sounds like yours is not reliable especially for edc. if it were me i would much rather trust the manufacturer than myself to repair the gun.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
if the gun is not going into battery all the way the firing pin won't make a good strike to ignite the primer. The F/P spring should be a 5 lb and not the 4 lb they offer and if that’s good and the F/P chamber is clean (burnt gun powder can cake up inside the walls and the inside frontal area) check the F/P and see if it's damaged or bent. Is the plastic housing damaged not allowing contact. Then it’s the slide and the locking lug, is there and burs in and around the locking of the barrel and slide. I would check the underside of the slide to see if it’s riding the rails right and last; the trigger making contact with the firing pin release. Check and see if the release moves up into the slide easy and all the way. If it is stopping short it will affect the F/P.the last thing to check is the extractor; is it dirty or damaged and stopping the slide from going into full battery

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Light strikes, off center, factory ammo, 2000 rounds, Gen 3, mainly when slow firing, not just me shooting, gun is clean. Changed factory recoil spring to steel recoil spring, started noticing the occasional light strike. Much worse 8 months later. Changed firing pin spring, no change. I can see (& feel) it is not going back into battery. Rack a round into the chamber, gun goes bang. Next shot is a light strike, no bang. Rack that round out, a new round in the chamber, gun goes bang... repeat. My thought is the Glock 27 does not like a steel (or titanium) recoil spring. I put the original factory recoil spring back in, and it *seems* to be working properly. Glock wants me to send it back to them, but it's my carry weapon. I do have a Glock 22 I can carry, but I like this one.

Any other suggestions?
welcome to the forum!

barstoolguru has some good suggestions on things to check.

I believe it was probably the recoil spring. My philosophy is that if there's a problem, return the parts to factory set up and try again - if it goes away, suspect the after-market parts.

If you put a few hundred rounds down the pipe with the factory spring and have no issues, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
First off Welcome to the forum Sabelle.
second just stick with the stock spring. It will last you a lifetime anyway. No real reason to change it out. I don't know that Glock will really be concerned if it's an after market part. Sounds more like it's the recoil spring than the gun.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...
To each his own, but I think Glock has a pretty good idea on the set-up of parts on it's pistols...another reason I dont mess with changing out a bunch of parts on my Glocks...I'm all for refining things that need refining, but there's not much on a Glock that needs refining, IMO...Not many people "love" the triggers, but most Glockers know that they work. Like RMD said, if you go back to the original set-up, test some ammo thru it, it should run fine...try that first, and you shouldn't need to perform a lot of other junk on it to get it right...Hope it's a simple fix...Good luck, and keep us posted...

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would add too, that if that doesn't fix the problem, I wouldn't hesitate to send it to Smyrna, as 1jimmy said...I know that's your carry gun, and you don't want to be apart from it...but there again, that's the best reason to make sure it's right...just sayin'....Again, good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts