Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a Gen 3 Glock 27 bought new about 1.5 years ago. Really like it and am wondering what y'all recommend for basic upgrades. Recoil spring assembly? Trigger upgrade. Looking for increased accuracy. Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama. As far as doing a little customizing, I will step aside and let the very knowledgeable folks on the Forum run with that one. Lots of knowledge here! :)

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I do three things: 1. Have a 3.5# connector installed, 2. change sights, prefer fiber optic red on front, 3. install a grip plug (I can actually do this myself)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
inproving accuracy is up to you and training,breathing right, trigger control finding ammo that the gun likes and every gun has ammo that shoots better then others brands or weights.
gun inprovements woud be as some said sights, 3.5 connector and 6lb tirgger spring but not the firing pin spring (light strikes possable) maybe a hogue grip or some skate board tape to improve grip. mag extentions to help with your grip also

this might help with the shooting end of it
[video=youtube;L880L-uM5WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L880L-uM5WQ&list=PL631FBA4D8819D469&index=29&feature=plpp_video[/video]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welcome! i do nothing to any of my glocks except maybe adjust the sights and they all function perfertly for me.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
welcome! i do nothing to any of my glocks except maybe adjust the sights and they all function perfertly for me.
Ditto. Welcome and know that a stock Glock will pretty much be more accurate than you (or me or just about anyone) will ever be :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I also have a 27, great gun! If I were you, I'd take the money that you're going to spend on upgrades, and use it on ammunition instead. Nothing will do more to increase your accuracy than lots of ammo.

Reactions: RMD and rowabi

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I also have a 27, great gun! If I were you, I'd take the money that you're going to spend on upgrades, and use it on ammunition instead. Nothing will do more to increase your accuracy than lots of ammo.
About the best advice I could give as well...Spent A M M O is your friend...when it comes to accuracy ! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have to agree. I own a G27 as well and its completely stock. Spend the money on ammo and practice often.

I thought that i needed a ligher trigger in order to shoot it a little better, but a friend of mine picked it up and showed me how accurate of a gun it is stock. Since then ive trained a lot more with it. Ammo really is the best 'upgrade' you can buy.

With all that said, i will get night sights on it someday....

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I also have to agree. I own a G27 as well and its completely stock. Spend the money on ammo and practice often.

I thought that i needed a ligher trigger in order to shoot it a little better, but a friend of mine picked it up and showed me how accurate of a gun it is stock. Since then ive trained a lot more with it. Ammo really is the best 'upgrade' you can buy.

With all that said, i will get night sights on it someday....
That's cool...night sights are helpful, for sure.
All the lasers, lights, bells & whistles, smoke and mirror stuff is just that...S T U F F... competency with your weapon comes from real world practice, at real world distances (7-10 yards) and spent casings on the ground...keep on shootin' that Glock

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have alot of modifications on my gun but they are convenience upgrades. Only one increased my accuracy and that is the sights. A stock Glock is a very accurate weapon.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
The only change I would make is to add night sights. Other than that my Glocks are stock.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
welcome, like the rest mentioned. A good set of sights will go a long way for accuracy. The Stock plastics are good but not great. Outside of the gun itself the sights will be the biggest single investment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts