Glock Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how many here that has or had both these weapons ? Ive heard a couple people tell me they are more accurate with the 30 than 21. Id like to read from members about thier experience with the 21 and 30. Thanks John

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Earlier this year, I decided to get a .45 ACP and rented about 15 different models, including the G21 and G30. I shot the G30 and a Sig 1911 better than any other and ended up buying a used G30. It's a great pistol and now that the cold weather has set in and I'll be wearing jackets and coats more, it'll get into my carry rotation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G30 carry

I haven't found concealability a problem with the G30. I typically carry mine crossdraw in a Crossbreed SuperTuck adjusted so the gun rides low in the waistband. An oversized untucked tee shirt conceals adequately. An optional 9-round magazine is available to shorten the grip a bit. The slimmer single-stack .45ACP G36 should be even more concealable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have 2 Glock 21's and a 30. Of my 2, Glock 21's one is a 21-C compensated, the other is a regular Glock 21. The Glock 30 is also a regular and not a SF model. All 3 are quite accurate. The non compensated 21 has Trijicon Night Sights, the compensated model has regular standard Glock white outline sights. The Glock 30 has the standard Glock Night Sights. I have large hands and all 3 fit my hands really well. Many with small hands have trouble with the 21 and the 30 because of the large grip diameter. I find longer barrel pistols more accurate, but the 30 is very accurate. It is about the same size as my Glock 19 in overall stature. Here are both 21's and the 30.

Top Glock 21, Middle Glock 21-C Ported, Lower Glock 30

Glock 21 Trijicon Night Sights

Glock 21-C Ported

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my first Glock, its 21 standard generation 3, I also have very big hands and the 30 did not fit at all. How well you shoot with any gun is going to depend on how well the gun fits your hand, the grip you use to shoot with and your confidence and shooting ability.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I own a G30SF and carry it everyday in a Kholster. I have also shot the G21 and found that I shoot them both fairly equal. I chose the G30SF due to its smaller size.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have the G21SF RTF2 and the G36. I had the G30 and it was a great shooting handgun but I fuond myself carrying the G36 a lot more because of the thiness. I sold my G30 in order to buy a G29 and if I buy another Glock it will be a G30SF as the G30 was such a sweet shooter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I own a g21 and find it to be to wide for carry so I held off on the g30 but hearing you guys talking about carrying them maybe I will get one. How is the .45 acp in such a small package as far as recoil and controlablity. thanks guys good shooting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was wondering how many here that has or had both these weapons ? Ive heard a couple people tell me they are more accurate with the 30 than 21. Id like to read from members about thier experience with the 21 and 30. Thanks John
I'm getting a Glock 21c Gen 4 in a couple of weeks. My carry is a Glock 36. I choose it over the 30 because of the grip. It's nice to carry 10 rounds in a small package, but for control I like the grip size on the Glock 36, and six plus one is enough for everyday use.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 21 and enjoy shooting it. I don't carry it and honestly, even though its a great gun, I don't shoot it much.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have had both the Glock 21 and the Glock 30. I prefer the G21 because it fits my hand better. The G21 and the G30 both shot equally well, but my hand felt very cramped on the G30's shorter frame.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I have not owned those models but had a G29SF and have a G20SF on the way. Basically the same guns what you mentioned only in 10mm.

I would recommend going with SF model or wait for gen4 (21gen4 is already out IIRC). Not SF gen3 .45/10mm guns are quite large!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts