Glock Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my G30 SF (or so I believe it to be) yesterday from a local shop. I have been searching for a G30 for a long time and finally found one but the lady selling it didnt know anything about it and I believe it was mislabeled. They had it listed as a G30 but after searching the internet for the last 4 hours I believe it is a G30 SF. So my question to you guys is what are the differences between the G30 and G30 SF. I already know the one obvious difference is the grip but unfortunately I do not have another gun to compare it to. Are there other ways to tell by markings or other differences in parts? Also how can I tell if it is Gen 3 or 4? I know most Gen 4s have the double spring inside but then some people have been seeing that in the Gen 3s also. Any help is appreciated!

20130222_190904Small.jpg

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
the SF stands for shorter frame (grip) and it is the thickness from front to rear and not side by side.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
As you found out the Short Frames are marked SF on the right side. As far as I know there is not a GEN 4 G30, but on the other models that are GEN 4, they are made on the Short Frame so if you do not use one of the grip additions you have a SF version of your model.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you found out the Short Frames are marked SF on the right side. As far as I know there is not a GEN 4 G30, but on the other models that are GEN 4, they are made on the Short Frame so if you do not use one of the grip additions you have a SF version of your model.
Thanks for all the info, I just wanted to be sure since the lady at the gun shop had no idea what kind of G30 it was. I was going to buy it either way though since I havent been able to find one around here for about 6 months lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are four G30 models, the G30, the G30 Gen4, the G30S, and the G30SF.

The G30 Gen4 design combining a shorter trigger reach with maximum capacity.
Built on the G30 SF frame, the G30S combines the full capacity .45 Auto round count with a slimmer slide.
The SF model reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear, or "back strap," offering increased comfort and control, especially for shooters with smaller hands.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
CarryG30ADL, Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
63 Posts
You will know the difference should you have a chance to handle the G30. The SF frame is a great improvement, especially for those who have short fingers and small hands. I had the G30, and as soon as I could find a G30SF, I sold the G30. Of course know, I have parted ways with the G30sf and now own the new G30S. Still has the sf frame and of course the narrower slide of the G36.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
There are four G30 models, the G30, the G30 Gen4, the G30S, and the G30SF.

The G30 Gen4 design combining a shorter trigger reach with maximum capacity.
Built on the G30 SF frame, the G30S combines the full capacity .45 Auto round count with a slimmer slide.
The SF model reduces the circumference of the receiver at the rear, or "back strap," offering increased comfort and control, especially for shooters with smaller hands.
And the 30 S is unbelieveable...:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Glock30SF and I like it. I will offer some advice tho......it is really hard to fully load the mags with 10 rounds. The last one is a bitch to get in. Load up the mags and let them sit for a few weeks. This will weaken the spring a little making it easier to load them up....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Best way to break in the G30 mags is to load them fully over night, then take gun to the range, fire the mags, and then keep loading them fully using an uplula mag loader. Rinse and repeat for as many times as you have ammo for them, The mags will be broken in and much easier to load. And more fun than just leaving the mags sit for weeks!!:)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
One of the G30 models, could be my next glock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts