Glock Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it Saturday the 1st, shot it Sunday, and here I am.
Ammo
200 Rounds of 185gr HPs and had a great time.
Function
Fed everything very well and recoil was incredibly manageable. 0 problems in 200 rounds
Comfort
Very pleasing to shoot. I normally shoot 1911s so I get a very high grip. SLIDE BITE. Oh boy what to do.
Slapped on the medium backstrap and BAM points so much better and no slide bite.
The ONLY "Con" to the Glock is that the magazines are insanely hard to load round 9 and 10 of 10. I should have won a medal the first 5 times I loaded all three mags to full. Truly a feat of strength. BUT if they were easy to load aka weak springs I would be worried.
I love this little thing. 10 rounds of 45ACP all in a package weighing 33oz.
I'm working on upgrading the internals now with some Ghost Inc. parts
Regarding Ghost Inc.
They have parts for Glocks and Ruger and have the best customer service.
Oliver put my order together with me over the phone and walked me through different connectors and parts. Didn't come close to breaking the bank (1 trigger, trigger kit, and extended slide release) all coming in at $87 after I applied the 10% off coupon he gave me. Then he said he would walk me through the installation over the phone when the parts arrived. They came in today and I gave him a call. I told him I don't have the tools needed to fit the connector but everything can be installed by me through his instruction and tutorials on GhostInc.com. BTW the store was closed and he was heading to the dentist so on his free time he is walking me through installation over the phone.
Never had a company send very high quality parts 2-day priority mail (which cost $5 according to my invoice) and the customer service is unequaled
I also requested a picture of him fighting a groundhog and I was not disappointed. Give me time and I'll upload it.
BACK ON TRACK: The Glock 30 gen 4 is the gun to grab for a sub-comp double-stack-yet-thin .45acp with Glock reliability (0 failures in 200 rounds) and great customization of internals and externals (it comes with 2 enlarged backstraps and 2 beavertail backstraps)
I'll be tinkering with it for awhile since my 1911 is maxed out on customized parts that I love (enlarged controls for my small hands, thin backstraps, textured frontsrap, Extreme Engineering internals, VZ grips etc.)
I love this Glock. Won't be getting an army of them but I'm very content with its out-of-the-box handing but know it can be tuned to my preferences.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Like mine too.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Congrats! I bought the 30s and love it, those mag with use will get better as you use them. I put my in the safe fully loaded with all 9 and 10 rounds in the mags.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Congrat's...I have a G-36 (single-stack .45) that I am extremely pleased with...but I am really wanting a G-30S!

I see where you already have an extended slide-release. Have you considered installing night sights on it? Those are about the only 2 upgrades I make to my Glock pistols!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrat's...I have a G-36 (single-stack .45) that I am extremely pleased with...but I am really wanting a G-30S!

I see where you already have an extended slide-release. Have you considered installing night sights on it? Those are about the only 2 upgrades I make to my Glock pistols!
I've put Ghost parts in, extended mag and slide release, and have night sights on order that should arrive tmr.
I'm just looking for grip tape and maybe a light mount

·
Registered
953 Posts
My G30 was a 3Gen, I iked like al the GLOCKS that I had.

Personally I prefer the G17 4Gen, but ayway G30 it's a great gun.

Good glocking and shot safe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts