Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my 33 on my list of backup/off duty guns and shot the qualification course with it about a week ago. I'm not recoil sensitive at all. But,that little pistol is a beast! It didn't help that this was my first range trip with it either. :) I worked out a 90% after I got over the initial surprise. It isn't called a "pocket rocket" for nothing! The fact that drew me to it is that it is (with 125 gr HP ammo) basically ballistically equivilent to a .357 Mag from a 4" bbl. which is what I carried for many years on patrol. I had a lot of faith in that combination & figured that this is the "modern" version of same.

I just bought a 36 on Gunbroker w/ 3 mags for about $400. It should be here this week.

After revolvers fell out of favor, I was issued a S&W 9mm, a S&W .45 (nice!),and finally for the last 11 years a Sig P220 .45 (LOVED IT!!). Then I made my intra county job change and was issued the 2nd Gen Glock 22.(See my earlier post...)

Thanks for the nice welcome. I look forward to becoming a part of this group!!

Charles

·
Registered
188 Posts
Charles I see you down the road settling down on a G-30 somehow..."lol"

Great guns , glad to have you on board , ... :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
I put my 33 on my list of backup/off duty guns and shot the qualification course with it about a week ago. I'm not recoil sensitive at all. But,that little pistol is a beast! It didn't help that this was my first range trip with it either. :) I worked out a 90% after I got over the initial surprise. It isn't called a "pocket rocket" for nothing! The fact that drew me to it is that it is (with 125 gr HP ammo) basically ballistically equivilent to a .357 Mag from a 4" bbl. which is what I carried for many years on patrol. I had a lot of faith in that combination & figured that this is the "modern" version of same.

I just bought a 36 on Gunbroker w/ 3 mags for about $400. It should be here this week.

After revolvers fell out of favor, I was issued a S&W 9mm, a S&W .45 (nice!),and finally for the last 11 years a Sig P220 .45 (LOVED IT!!). Then I made my intra county job change and was issued the 2nd Gen Glock 22.(See my earlier post...)

Thanks for the nice welcome. I look forward to becoming a part of this group!!

Charles
Just picked up my new 36 on Wednesday. I love it and now my 23 feels a bit neglected. Welcome again and glad you feel safe on duty carrying a Glock. Lot's of LEO's are feeling the same!!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ! I have the G33 and it is a handful to shoot but in my opinion not as harsh as the G27. Of course recoil is very subjective, The G33 is a great CCW handgun.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
welcome and input is always enjoyed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Charles I see you down the road settling down on a G-30 somehow..."lol"

Great guns , glad to have you on board , ... :)

I don't know about a 30. But, a 31 or maybe a 32...... Currently,the .357Sig is my favorite caliber. I think a 31 would be a terrific issue pistol for patrol & the 32 would be perfect for Investigators.....

Charles

·
Registered
11 Posts
The G33 is my favorite Glock as well, but am waiting to see what the Gen 4 G33 brings to the table.

I really like the lower recoil and muzzle blast of the 147 gr. loads though.

Can't wait for Double Tap 147 gr. Gold Dots in .357 SIG.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
The G33 is the most comfortable CCW to carry and is in my top three favorite calibers, the other two being 10MM and 45 ACP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like yourself and others out there.

I too carried a .357 Magnum early in my career, and always felt quite comfortable
with the power factor of the 125 gr. Federal round.

The real problem was, that since I carried an authorized Combat Commander off-duty, I really wanted to carry an automatic
instead of a revolver for duty.

That need was addressed when i went to a different agency and the SIG P-226, but the 9mm didn't have that Magnum
class punch to it.

Some people have termed the Glock 33 as the "Modern Day .357 Snub" and I tend to agree.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know exactly what you mean. We all wanted to switch to autos until it became obvious that the "wonder nines" became most agencies' answer to that problem. By that time, the choice was removed from the individual officer and "standard issue" became the norm. Finally, the trend has edged toward the .45 becoming common as a police sidearm now. At the sheriff's office where I was before my transfer to another county agency, we carried Sig P220s (LOVED them!) Last year,they transtioned to the G-21SF and seem to like them. As I mentioned in my 1st post, the new job gave me a 2nd Gen G-22.

Charles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a used glock 33 on Sunday for $400. It was too good of a deal to pass up even though I wasn't really looking for another pistol. It was a Glock, and it was in perfect condition, so I figured why not add another to my collection. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but will have it at the range before the week is over. I have a Glock 30 and love the size of the pistol, so I am expecting good things from the 33 as well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just bought a used glock 33 on Sunday for $400. It was too good of a deal to pass up even though I wasn't really looking for another pistol. It was a Glock, and it was in perfect condition, so I figured why not add another to my collection. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but will have it at the range before the week is over. I have a Glock 30 and love the size of the pistol, so I am expecting good things from the 33 as well.
Awesome...and welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nice. I'm jealous :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts