Glock Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Glock 34 Gen 4 with the KKM compensated barrel.

I am new to the the gun.

It has a gen 3 conversion recoil spring and guide rod but I received several recoil springs with the gun.

I am wanting to know what weight recoil spring to use 12 or 13 lb.? or what? It has a Slide mounted C-More STS sight which seems to make the slide heavier.

Can anyone tell me about what I should choose as far as the recoil spring goes?

I want this setup to be reliable in competition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Your ammo will really dictate. Have you shot it with either spring, yet? I'd just take both to the range with the load you'll be using, and try 'em both. Really only you know how your rig is performing and what characters of your pistol's slide speed and recoil management you're wanting to tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to take a step back and punt. I took the slide mount STS off off and took out the recoil spring As it had been clipped several coils back. I installed a new wolf 15 lb recoil spring and new striker spring and am going to shoot it and work springs back down from there. There were too many unknown variables. Plus the cmore STS was loose so I ordered the carver mount for STS from b&b.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
factory is an 17 to 19 lb spring if I remember right

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the KKM COMP BARREL I'd be wasting my time with the 17 lb. recoil spring. Im going to be trying a 11 lb. wolf recoil spring soon. Relocate the STS onto the carver mount and mount the gas pedal thumb rest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I still say start with your heavy hitter and whittle back from there. Recoil is recoil, so to speak, from a direct-force standpoint. You're tuning your muzzle rise/dip. Too light and your lockup-time can suffer. Especially if you're ever going to be switching from minor to major power factor. If you're running open class you already have an idea, I know, but out of habit I say start heavy and tune down. Did you really write that your original spring was clipped down? Throw that $#!t in the trash right now. That's on par with the Honda Civics with 'clipped down' coil springs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea already in the trash, it wasn't the original 17 lb. it was an unknown ismi spring. Trying a 15 lb. wolf spring on an extended uncaptured rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts