Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Glock 34 Gen3 which never performed very well in terms of accuracy. Before aquiring this Glock, I used to fire Glocks 17 and 17L with excelent results, specially considering that they were weapons owned by the range (and therefore they where used by many different hands) and I was a newbie at shooting. I choosed Glock 34 because 17L isn't allowed in IPSC and thought that it will be more accurate than the 17, which in my case is false.

Now that I'm used to it I found that sometimes it totally looses accuracy and cannot even hit the 25 yards target. I picked a range Glock 17L to prove that it wasn't myself, and with this gun I made groups with no effort, but with my Glock 34, shots are not gone to the left or to the right, they are totally random. This makes me think that it isn't a sights issue, also feel the recoil harder with my Glock 34 compared to the Glock 17L which felt softer.

I tried to clean and lube it from upside down and sometimes it returned to its brand new accuracy level (which is worst than the 17s i've tried but acceptable), but sometimes not.

I read everywhere that Glocks need almost no maintenance and that they are very accurate, but I'm angry that a 600eur gun has that random behavior.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
In this situation the only thing I can think of to do is to let a gunsmith have a look at it or call Glock and see if they will examine it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
In this situation the only thing I can think of to do is to let a gunsmith have a look at it or call Glock and see if they will examine it.
This. My gen3 G34 was much more accurate than me :)

Have you tried shooting from support (bench with sandbags or vice)?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I own a Glock 34 Gen3 which never performed very well in terms of accuracy. Before aquiring this Glock, I used to fire Glocks 17 and 17L with excelent results, specially considering that they were weapons owned by the range (and therefore they where used by many different hands) and I was a newbie at shooting. I choosed Glock 34 because 17L isn't allowed in IPSC and thought that it will be more accurate than the 17, which in my case is false.

Now that I'm used to it I found that sometimes it totally looses accuracy and cannot even hit the 25 yards target. I picked a range Glock 17L to prove that it wasn't myself, and with this gun I made groups with no effort, but with my Glock 34, shots are not gone to the left or to the right, they are totally random. This makes me think that it isn't a sights issue, also feel the recoil harder with my Glock 34 compared to the Glock 17L which felt softer.

I tried to clean and lube it from upside down and sometimes it returned to its brand new accuracy level (which is worst than the 17s i've tried but acceptable), but sometimes not.

I read everywhere that Glocks need almost no maintenance and that they are very accurate, but I'm angry that a 600eur gun has that random behavior.
I would seek the advise of an armorer or contact Glock. It almost sounds to me that something could be wrong with the rifling. Maybe a twist could have gotten damaged somehow. I've never heard of it happening, but I guess anything is possible. Do you know anyone that owns a 34 just so you can swap the barrel and try it that way? That is very odd for a Glock and really would be odd for any quality handgun that I know of. Good luck and keep us posted as I am really curious what the problem is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If im not mistaken the 34 comes standard with a 3.5 lb trigger and the 17s have a 5.5 lb trigger. this should actually do the opposite as far as accuracy, but could it be making it worse? I have a 34 and took a pistol class a few months back with it and fired 1200 rounds through it on one day. All accurate as hell. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If im not mistaken the 34 comes standard with a 3.5 lb trigger and the 17s have a 5.5 lb trigger. this should actually do the opposite as far as accuracy, but could it be making it worse? I have a 34 and took a pistol class a few months back with it and fired 1200 rounds through it on one day. All accurate as hell. Just a thought.
Good call John, the G34 does come with a 3.5 trigger connector. I could see where that could contribute to the behavior the poster describes. It sounds like the trigger is being pulled prior being where he actually wants to be. I could see the heavier trigger causing a pattern of lower left or right but what the poster describes could be caused by premature firing as the shots are all over the place with no distinguishable pattern. Maybe try changing out to a stock 5.5 or even a NY-i trigger which is somewhere between 7.5 and 8. This may give you a better idea if it's a light trigger connector/shooter combination problem or maybe something else.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nothing here from me that hasn't already been said. I don't see your location but I assume it is outside the US? Just curious because if you are near me I'd be willing to meet you at a range and look at your gun.

If a connector swap doesn't solve your problem you definitely need to contact Glock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts