Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thing I want to do is spring and plunger. Might never get into competition but want it there in case. Stainless or tungsten for the plunger and what pound spring?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
They sell matched kits but it really up to you. I have never seen anyone break either. The best thing is shoot a bit and then make changes. Give the guns time to break in and then make your changes accordingly

and have a twinkie ...lol

just a thought; most people that want to shoot match go for a better trigger with a better reset so the creep is less

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up a 34 about four months ago, and had the same desire to upgrade. The more I read, the more I wanted. Fortunately for me, I got out and shot it. It shot very well right out of the box, and the more I shoot, the more accurate it got. Of course the gun wasn't getting better, I was getting better with the gun. My advice would be to shoot it and really get to know it. Once you get comfortable with it then think about changing things if you still want to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
K talked me into it.I did add a tungsten plunger to my 23 helped alot with recoil. I will shoot it a bit more.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
K talked me into it.I did add a tungsten plunger to my 23 helped alot with recoil. I will shoot it a bit more.
How did that help, the only reason to change it is to minimize wear with a harder metal for heavy shooting

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the tungsten and more pounds on the spring. Noticeable reduction on the recoil.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Do you have one in your guns. It the helps a lot. The heavier spring does reduce recoil. Are maybe just in my head as well as the Glock store.

Product Description
Additional Information
Finally, the SUPER HEAVY Tungsten Guide Rod for your Gen4 Glock are in stock and shipping. This SUPER HEAVY Tungsten Guide Rod is guaranteed to reduce felt recoil and significantly reduce muzzle jump. You will be able to shoot faster and more accurately shot to shot and target to target!
Uses the same factory weight springs except on a tungsten body which is significantly stronger and heavier. Replaces factory plastic guide rod in seconds.

Looked it up online and found several people that recommended it all siting the same. I did notice a difference. It might all be in my head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts