Glock Forum banner

Glock 34 Trigger Creep

7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  jbglock 
#1 ·
Hello, new guy here.

I bought a Glock 34 gen 3 a couple of years ago hoping it would be my best, most accurate range pistol. I have been disappointed in that I don't seem to be able to shoot it very well. I assumed that it was all me, since I have no misconceptions about being a good shot. However I recently bought a G27 gen 3 and have been impressed. I can shoot it better than the 34. In comparing the two I found that the trigger on the 34 that is supposed to be lighter does not feel so. The main problem though is that the 27 trigger is crisp while there is a lot of creep in the 34. I disassembled the 34 and am about to do a ".25" trigger job, but otherwise I don't see anything that I recognize as a problem. I don't see how a polish job can get rid of the creep, but maybe I'm wrong. Any suggestions as to what would cause this creep? Any suggested remedies short of buying an upgraded trigger?

#2 ·
as far as I know there is nothing else you can do but buy an aftermarket trigger. Trigger creep is not you problem when shooting; it sounds more like anticipation of the recoil. Try not sticking so much finger in the trigger housing and pull strait back and not to one side when the trigger snaps. Try a two thump grip to compensate for the pushing to one side

#9 ·
I appreciate your input, and yes, I realize that I am the problem. I have tried all kinds of grips and differing amounts of trigger finger, but I get the same results. By "creep", I mean just that. After all the pre-travel is taken up and I reach the "wall" where the trigger is supposed to break, I have continued movement with unpredictable and inconsistent break. I am not good enough to hold point of aim while all that is going on.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum!

The G34 should have a slightly lighter pull. I had a gen3 and barely noticed the difference, but it was there.

I tell ya what though, I shoot my G26 better than any Glock I've owned, including the G34. Don't know if it was where the "hump" hit my hand, or the lockup timing of the sub-compact or what, but I know that I'm not alone. On some of the other, more volumous forms, you'll find similar stories.

How many rounds through the G24 & G27?

#13 ·
I agree with cleaning it good. Do you know how to detail strip the slide? Also I find anticipating the trigger break is a terrible thing to do. I feel most people are more accurate with a suprise break. Another reason I like the NY1 trigger spring with a factory - connector. You gun already has the - connector. The NY1 trigger spring is a very cheap part. I have no idea where you are. If in NC PM me and if you are near I have extra NY1 trigger springs and can show you how to detail strip your entire gun.

Those who say they can shoot the 26 better than any other Glock... That's an odd thing. I can also pick up a 26 and at 20 feet put most of my bullets in the same hole with no effort at all. I can do that with my Glocks but it seems so easier with a 26 and odd considering I've never shot one extensively. I don't own one only because I don't like how it feels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.