Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new gen 36 45acp. Every so often it fails to go completely In battery, I hit the back of slide it will go, it,s about a 1/4 inch fron closing it has a mag ext for 1 rd. both mags have the ext, I would appreciate any help I really luv the 36 it is very accurate & easy to control. I thought it might be the mag ext, I would like to keep the ext, I think it,s a good idea since it only holds 6 rds with the reg mag. I forgot to mention it only has 100 rds down the pipe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
if it only does it once in a while i would think it may be shooter induced maybe limp wristing? only a guess.
That is my thought also. If it happens on a certain # round in the mag each time, blame the mag, but it sounds like a random limp wrist problem. Shoot it like you mean it!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Hey Luvreno a few questions first,
I would also ask what is your definition of Every so often?
Are you using factory loads/reloads or personal reloads?

If it was only a couple of times in 100 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Examine your grip, examine your ammo and make sure everything looks proper. Glock will tell you that on the newer versions like Gen 3 and 4 you should allow 500 rounds at least for a break in period. I personally think that is to stave off RMA's but to each his own. I can agree that newly milled parts would need some time to work off the rough edges so all the parts will work smoothly so I can somewhat agree with that. Make sure it's lubed up well before you shoot at the range. Most importantly Don't forget a gun in the perfect world should go bang every time, but we don't live in a perfect world. You need to train for malfunctions. When you need it the most is the time you will probably encounter one due to many factors you wouldn't have considered while at the range.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hey Luvreno a few questions first,
I would also ask what is your definition of Every so often?
Are you using factory loads/reloads or personal reloads?

If it was only a couple of times in 100 then I wouldn't worry about it too much. Examine your grip, examine your ammo and make sure everything looks proper. Glock will tell you that on the newer versions like Gen 3 and 4 you should allow 500 rounds at least for a break in period. I personally think that is to stave off RMA's but to each his own. I can agree that newly milled parts would need some time to work off the rough edges so all the parts will work smoothly so I can somewhat agree with that. Make sure it's lubed up well before you shoot at the range. Most importantly Don't forget a gun in the perfect world should go bang every time, but we don't live in a perfect world. You need to train for malfunctions. When you need it the most is the time you will probably encounter one due to many factors you wouldn't have considered while at the range.
Well said...notice when it happens...what ammo, your grip, etc...give it time to break-in...If you're doing your part, and it still happens, it'll need to be checked out...Good luck...let us know how it turns out...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
just thinking , you know how us old folks are but, i bought the same thing last week and i am a shamed to say i have not fired it yet, however i will do so in the next few days and report back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First, Thanks for all the help,
I was using winchester FMJ target ammo, maybe I was being a little premature in my concerns I have only fired 50 rds, it did it the first mag 2 times the 2nd & 5th round, the 3rd Mag it did not go into battery 1 time, after that no problems, accuracy excellent. I think I need to go to the range & fire a couple hundred rounds & then report back if I have any other problems, I will also buy 2 or 3 differend brands to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
First, Thanks for all the help,
I was using winchester FMJ target ammo, maybe I was being a little premature in my concerns I have only fired 50 rds, it did it the first mag 2 times the 2nd & 5th round, the 3rd Mag it did not go into battery 1 time, after that no problems, accuracy excellent. I think I need to go to the range & fire a couple hundred rounds & then report back if I have any other problems, I will also buy 2 or 3 differend brands to see if that makes a difference.
I have seen that at times with the WWB flat nosed FMJ that I use for the range. I would just let it roll for a few hundred and then let us know how everything is going. Now is a good time to practice rap, tap and bang

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Gadget Bumper Composite material Auto part Electric blue
took new 36 to range today. fired 144 flawless rounds through 6 different glock mags. used blazer 230 grain ammo it does bark a little more than the g30 but it is about 7 ozs lighter. i don't know if these mags have the extension your talking about but if it is they all come like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts