Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know, I have said before that I tried out some extensions for the 23 and ended up taking them off. I bought the Pearce Plus 1 extension for the 36 and I like it! Nice having the extra round while still very concealable! :D

IMG_0367.JPG

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have one of my 36's mags with the Pierce plus 1, but keep it as a spare. For me It extends the butt too much for CCW.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
See that is a totally different base then the g26/27. it is like they wanted to give at least two finger grip on the gun and to do so they had to add a little lip to the base of the grip and when you add the pierce grip the mag rocks in the mag well and pinches your finger. it was the worse 8.00 I ever spent

finger pinch.jpg

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See that is a totally different base then the g26/27. it is like they wanted to give at least two finger grip on the gun and to do so they had to add a little lip to the base of the grip and when you add the pierce grip the mag rocks in the mag well and pinches your finger. it was the worse 8.00 I ever spent

View attachment 697
I'm sorry to hear the extensions pinched you. I'm going back to the range Monday to try it out. If I don't like it, no worries, simple to replace!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Your is sweet, it doesn't have that lip the g26/27's have so you shouldn’t have any problem. It’s just that with the g26 ext they need to make an adjustment. Some ideas start out good but end bad and pierce should have made a small adjustment and it would have been fine but because they tried to blend in they ext with the mag well it created a pinch spot

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your is sweet, it doesn't have that lip the g26/27's have so you shouldn’t have any problem. It’s just that with the g26 ext they need to make an adjustment. Some ideas start out good but end bad and pierce should have made a small adjustment and it would have been fine but because they tried to blend in they ext with the mag well it created a pinch spot
So, if I'm reading you correctly, you like this extension? Does a fantastic job in making the grip feel better! :)

Reactions: barstoolguru

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
much different then the one made for the 26/27, looks like a very good fit to the mag well

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Much different than the one made for the 26/27, looks like a very good fit to the mag well. The base of the 36 in strait across instead of being set in to except the mag

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Much different than the one made for the 26/27, looks like a very good fit to the mag well. The base of the 36 in strait across instead of being set in to except the mag
I guess the 36 being unique is one of the reasons I got it. Now that I'm getting better groups I'm much more confident with it! :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have the +1 or 2 on most of my guns but only to increase capacity it really doesn't make a difference to me as far as shooting. but i totally understand because a lot of people i know say the same thing you are.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That almost looks identical to the X-grip on the G17 mag for the G26.

Since the G26 is my EDC, I don't want to play around with the mags by adding extensions or changing base plates. I just order the 12 round mags stock from Glock (they have a pinky extension already added) or the G17 mags and throw on the X-grips. I don't know about compatibility with the G36 but you might want to look into a setup like that.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I just order the 12 round mags stock from Glock (they have a pinky extension already added)
I have one too and experienced no pinching, different design

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I forgot to mention another thing I like about it. Each extension comes with it's own snug plug built into the extension. Optional if you want to use it or just keep a regular plug in it. But it is nice because when the magazine is inserted, the plug fills the open cavity and kind of completes the smooth look and feel on the back of the magazine and backstrap.

Also, it reminds me very much of the XD's extended magazines. Fits like a glove.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i have the +1 or 2 on most of my guns but only to increase capacity it really doesn't make a difference to me as far as shooting. but i totally understand because a lot of people i know say the same thing you are.
Same here 1jimmy.I also considered getting some of the 12 round mags.(Can never have enough magazines).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts