Glock Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a NIB Glock 36 never fired, it has had all upgraded springs, guide rod upgrade, shortened trigger rails. The gun is a Gen 3 with a serial #xxxooo1. Just wondering what would be a good price?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Could probably pick that up for around $529.00 here in Colorado.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My bad, I forgot about your upgrades. Found a stock Gen 3 for $543.00. My guess would be around $600. I am sure others will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I dont know what shortened trigger rails are, and also I am not sure why it would need upgraded springs, some like the titanium guide rod if that is what you mean. The serial number is interesting being # 1 for that Serial number prefix, not meaning it is the first G36.

I am not putting the weapon down, just giving my opinion. I would give $600, you did not mention if it has night sites which would raise the worth $70 - $100 depending on the sights.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
imo! there are no unfired guns. most manufacturers test fire there guns before they leave the factory. case in point look at the small manilla evelope that comes in the case with a fired casing. if it is a nib i am not sure why all the upgrades would be done or needed. however, to answer your question i would think up to 600.00 would be an ok deal.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a chance to buy a NIB Glock 36 never fired, it has had all upgraded springs, guide rod upgrade, shortened trigger rails. The gun is a Gen 3 with a serial #xxxooo1. Just wondering what would be a good price?
I'm also wondering why you would modify a NIB Glock. Seems kind of a fishy story. You aren't being very specific about the upgrades either. I'm also wondering what a shortened trigger rail is. If I were to inspect it and I thought it was new but the owner couldn't specifically tell me what springs he put in or have the factory springs still for it I wouldn't go over $500. As has been said the sights might add to that some. If it really was serial number 1 I'd go up to $750 on it but just so I could resell for a higher price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He does have all the original parts to the gun. He told me that the shorter rails gives it a shorter trigger pull. He told me that all springs have been upgraded trigger has been up graded guide rod upgrade and extended floor plates on the magazines.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
pokechop, the more i think about this and read the other post i thinik you need to get away from this deal, which is probably not a deal but a scam. sorry if this offends you but i think your being taken for a ride with this.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have never heard of a dealer upgrading the weapon while new in box, but then you did not specify that it was a dealer. I would really like to hear his explanation of shortened trigger rails. I have a 3.5# connector in all of my Glocks that I have had added after purchase that makes for a nice trigger.

If this is a legitimate deal be very careful. The more I think about it I dont feel as If I would buy the gun without a thorough explanation.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
241 Posts
I agree with everyone else. If you go to buy this take someone that you know is knowledgeable about Glocks with you to make sure you aren't getting scammed.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's not really "NIB" once it's been taken apart and modified. He can call it "unfired", but "NIB" assumes same as off-the-shelf.

Mods are so personal and as a buyer, I want as close to stock as possible so I can do what I want to do to it.

I'd pass.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
It's not really "NIB" once it's been taken apart and modified. He can call it "unfired", but "NIB" assumes same as off-the-shelf.

Mods are so personal and as a buyer, I want as close to stock as possible so I can do what I want to do to it.

I'd pass.
yep...something ain't quite right...seems that way, anyhow.................STR(shift to reverse), back-up,turn around, and keep on going.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts