Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Glock 17, 17L, and 31. For some reason I have it stuck in my head that I want a Glock 37. Common sense tells me to stay with a popular caliber--9mm, 40, or 45 acp. But my favorite caliber in the 357 SIG so what do I know? Does anyone have either a good reason to do it or to stay away and say go to the 45 acp? Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama. I have no experience with the .357 but it's on my shopping list! You will find some good opinions on this Forum. :)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Gap ammo is too expensive, and not the easiest to find. In stores anyway. I have heard that the Gap is approx 200 FPS faster than the ACP, but is it worth the price?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I had the urge to buy a GAP recently while shopping for my G32 GEN 4 at Cabellas. They had the G37 but no ammo for it, the same day I visited Cheaper Than Dirt and they too had no GAP ammo. I bought the G32 GEN 4.

I understand there are a few Police Depts using the GAP caliber, I have to wonder, when and if they switch to a different caliber what will happen to GAP.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you're OK with ordering ammo online, no reason not to get it. I'm a big fan of the .357 SIG as well and I've never run out of ammo :)

.45's make big holes and you'll get ballistics similar to the venerable .45 ACP, but in a 9/40/357 sized frame. I recently spoke to a PD armorer about this round and not only was it his favorite, he said it had performed well when used "on the street" in his dept.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 37 is my favorite Glock.I'm waiting on the Gen 4 G38 to be released.In my mind that would be the perfect Glock.Ammo is a little harder to come by.Whenever I find it for a decent price I buy a lot of it. I'll start reloading if I have to.That's how much I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts