Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont they make a Glock in 380 cal and isnt it for the public or just LE folks Was thinking about getting 1 for my wife

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
glock has a g25 same size as the 23 and a g28 same size as the 26 and 27 both 380 but only available in the us to leo's. there are many other smaller and lighter 380's and 9mm out there . seecamp makes a 380. ruger makes a 380 and 9, but i find the trigger is tough she might not. i have a sig p238 which is a 380, has a nice trigger and is very small and light weight i like it a lot. big bucks though around 700.00. if this is her first gun you might want to take in consideration how she will carry it. then shop around by actually fire a lot of different guns and see what she is comfortable and proficient with. if she is going to carry for protection i would seriously consider upgrading the caliber.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have the Taurus tcp 380. I like it and carry only when i cant carry my g19. For a small gun the accuracy isnt bad at all.
I do encounter some feeding issues ( which people say is common in the pocket pistol sector ) and that happens only with cheaper ammo. Overall i can recommend the tcp. Plus it is the only small 380 with a slide lock.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I didnt know the Glock 380 could be imported into the USA, even for LEOs.

KelTec makes an affordable and handy size 380. I have one and carry it when i just cant conceal anything else. Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I didnt know the Glock 380 could be imported into the USA, even for LEOs.

KelTec makes an affordable and handy size 380. I have one and carry it when i just cant conceal anything else. Never had a problem with it.
i didn't either until i looked at there catolog.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
glock has a g25 same size as the 23 and a g28 same size as the 26 and 27 both 380 but only available in the us to leo's. there are many other smaller and lighter 380's and 9mm out there . seecamp makes a 380. ruger makes a 380 and 9, but i find the trigger is tough she might not. i have a sig p238 which is a 380, has a nice trigger and is very small and light weight i like it a lot. big bucks though around 700.00. if this is her first gun you might want to take in consideration how she will carry it. then shop around by actually fire a lot of different guns and see what she is comfortable and proficient with. if she is going to carry for protection i would seriously consider upgrading the caliber.
Good advice...certainly, .380 is minimal at best for self protection. I like the S&W 642 (.38) revolver, too...small, and potent, no safeties to worry about. Less rounds, but less to go wrong... You'll know when you find the right one...Then, practice, practice, practice...Good luck !

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
did you say the same thing i said, or did i say the same thing you said, or did we both say something different, or did we both say the same thing? confused? you won't be after this weeks episode of SOAP!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
did you say the same thing i said, or did i say the same thing you said, or did we both say something different, or did we both say the same thing? confused? you won't be after this weeks episode of SOAP!
Sorry...your right...I started, wasn't paying attention...I was saying that you'd given good advice, and then I kept on going...lol...Amended to read the way it should...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I guess one of us can move to Austria and get a job at Glock. Then play a Johhny Cash and start sending us " One piece at a time " lolololololololololol

·
Registered
655 Posts
I guess one of us can move to Austria and get a job at Glock. Then play a Johhny Cash and start sending us " One piece at a time " lolololololololololol
YES!!!

I had the same problem with looking for a gun for my wife. I got her the SIG P238 (I told her it was hers ; )). I have to say that it is one of the best shooting 380 that I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sorry...your right...I started, wasn't paying attention...I was saying that you'd given good advice, and then I kept on going...lol...Amended to read the way it should...
i got a kick out of it when i read your post, i knew what you were saying! my answer was suppose to be a joke!....lol

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Dont they make a Glock in 380 cal and isnt it for the public or just LE folks Was thinking about getting 1 for my wife
OK...here's the straight scoop on the G25, G28 .380 pistols...1jimmy is correct...I talked with the folks at Glock, and was told that there are some police agencies in the U.S. that have them, or have had them in the past. They don't meet import restriction guidelines for sporting purposes (i.e. civilian use) but they can be purchased by LE organizations...So, the likelihood of running across one is probably remote, at best. After all, why would they want such a minimal caliber when the larger calibers are available in the same size weapons...But, hey..they are out there, somewhere...lol... No information was available as to which agencies have these at this time...sorry...And no animals were harmed in the making of this post...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Learn something new everyday !

·
Registered
4,767 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh she isnt going to carry it just somthing to shoot with me at the range,,, ill probally let her shoot my Bersa Thunder in 380 just was curious about the glock as we all know theres somthing about a Glock,,,,,,,,love em or hate em i love em

1 - 18 of 18 Posts