Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I saw that video already. He is using the slide stop not for it's intended purpose. Grab the slide and let it go forward and it feeds just fine. I have a G-42 and NO issues. The slide stop should not be used to release the slide it is used to lock the slide. Take pressure off the slide lock by grabbing the slide moving slightly to the rear and let the slide go works flawlessly :).

·
Registered
660 Posts
He's got a Glock that has less than 200 rounds. Not even close to broken in yet.

He probably complains when the coffee at Mc Donalds is too hot to drink....

Try polishing the feed ramp.

·
Registered
880 Posts
With the reputation Glock has, I wouldn't think any break in would be needed. This makes two videos I've seen where the 42 is having problems or complaints. So far (until I get one and can see for myself) I think they are ammo related.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have a problem with the fact that EVERYONE wanted a small single stack 9, and this is what Glock puts out?! .380 sucks. Period.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this isn't the answer to your problem, but did your 42 come with a speed loader? Mine didn't, but according to the manual it should have. And how many mags came with yours?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I mentioned many times...the sling shot method seemingly works fine...but still is rough into battery. Should a reliable gun really have these type of issues? Kahr recommends using the slide stop....why would glock make a gun that doesn't feed using the slide stop? If that is the argument than why do they just make it internal like the beretta nano? Just trying to warn others of the issues already... I do not usually waste my time on forums or posting on YouTube.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The OP may be a Kahr shooter. My Kahr's Owners Manual says to not use the slingshot method, but to use the slide release lever. As Kahrs become broken in, how you load the chamber seems to get less important to proper functioning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have owned and carried many kahrs and glocks...I am fully aware of the small nuances with most of the major firearms out today. This is not due to the method of brining the weapon into action. There is a major safety concern with the g 42...see other posts and videos etc. I would be surprised if there is not a recall on the glock 42.

·
Registered
174 Posts
With the reputation Glock has, I wouldn't think any break in would be needed. This makes two videos I've seen where the 42 is having problems or complaints. So far (until I get one and can see for myself) I think they are ammo related.
I agree, it's probably an ammo issue. Glocks don't need to be broken in and they definitely don't want you polishing any parts.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I know this isn't the answer to your problem, but did your 42 come with a speed loader? Mine didn't, but according to the manual it should have. And how many mags came with yours?
Sorry, but no such thing as a speed loader for a semi-auto. Maybe you are referring to the magazine loading tool that helps you put bullets in the magazine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Be violent! Ram the mag into the firearm and stop using the slide release. Buddy shot my 42 this weekend and had FTE/Stovepiping issues. I shot it without any issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Folks, Gee got my new 42 last week, ran all ammo without a hitch, but the sights were way off at 15 yards , I mean 7 inches low and left. I had mulitable folks try it al shot it and found the factiry sights to be way off, Called glock they told me they had no other sights to swap out, maybe a taller rear? No nothing they said ship it back next day air at your costs and we will look at it. Went back to the range last thursday and after 50 more of the 400 rounds I had fired the gun locked up, the trigger went to like 20 lbs, I knew something had broke, in breaking it down I saw that the new version of the trigger bar on the 42 had failed, one of the coil springs was sticking up next to the trigger bar. I put it back togeather and called glock again, same deal well we are not aware of any problems? Ship it back but make sure you use fed ex next day air or we will not except it, I live in NE florida and probably could of driven to Glock faster. They have the gun now. I will post an update if and when they fix it. I for oe will not rely on this gun till I shoot another 500 rounds without it stopping, and without it hitting at least close to point of aim. This gun should never make it out of the doors in this shape. Wonder if they are firing the guns to sight them or laser bore sighting them, seems also that the sights are 42 specfic, and they do not have or make any other sizes. Thanks---xgunr

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probally just like a lot of "first" releases, bugs needs to be worked out. I'm confident by 6 mos from now all will be resolved.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ran another 100 rounds through my G42 today. Zero issues. I had two issues my first time out with some cheap-o Mexican made "Aguila" hollow points on my first trip to the range, fail to load both times, but zero issues since. I have 320 rounds through my G42 at this point.

·
Registered
880 Posts
After hearing about all these problems, even as a collector I don't think I want one. I expect more than that from a Glock.

Reactions: Tonsorial_Artist
1 - 20 of 64 Posts