Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m kind of scratching my head wondering if my mind is playing tricks on me or if this is normal. I’ve had my Glock 48 for a year or so now, it hasn’t been shot much but I recently installed the ghost edge trigger connector and a new trigger shoe that was a little more comfortable for my eyes and finger. And it seems to me like it’s a little harder to attach the slide to the lower, seems a little cocked to the left as shown in my pictures. I’m worried that it will damage my lower because I see a little nick on my back plate and a small nick on the back of the lower as circled in pic. I ordered a replacement back plate but I don’t think that’s the issue I’m having. It seems way harder to get past the point shown in pictures than normal or my mind could be playing tricks on me and maybe it’s supposed to be that stiff and I just can’t remember after making the changes. The only thing that I can think of that happened was while I removed the factory trigger shoe I left the trigger bar in the trigger housing assembly towards the rear end may have bent something while removing the permanent pin from the trigger shoe. I was very gentle but probably should have removed the bar from the assembly prior to removing shoe. Any input would be extremely helpful guys I would appreciate it.
Hood Air gun Gesture Bumper Automotive tire

Hand Office equipment Gesture Office supplies Netbook

Finger Speedometer Gauge Steering wheel Technology

Hand Gesture Finger Gadget Nail

Household appliance accessory Sewing machine Art Machine Nickel

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update - after removing the internals from the lower the slide seems to slide on and off perfectly fine with zero resistance straight as an arrow. Also works perfect with the locking block installed so I think that I’ve narrowed it down to the trigger bar or the plunger.

·
Administrator
234 Posts
That’s not abnormal for the slide to want to go a little to that side when installing. A little pressure back towards center and sometimes a slight lift on the rear are all that’s required to assemble correctly.

When assembling a Glock, the recoil spring engages the frame just in front of the slide lock lever. At this point you have to start compressing the spring a little while the barrel lugs compress the slide lock lever down and pass over it. The back of the slide hasn’t reached the frame rails yet so sometimes things move off-center at this point. Just manipulate the slide where it needs to be and it will be fine.

PLEASE forgive me for playing “parts name Nazi”. I used to not care but I keep running into guys who ordered “plunger” parts and are confused by what they received. Glock does have a “plunger” but that is internal to the slide. What people frequently call the “plunger” is actually the Firing Pin Safety. - please help spread the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts