Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a new owner of my first Glock. a 26. extremly stoked. Will be shooting it this weekend.

One thing that kinda bothers me is the slide lock / release switch. (several newer players to the Sub Compact game seem to have copied Glocks switch) on my 26 i can release the slide with my thumb, but it's tougher than I'd like. Some of the competitors i looked at while trying to make up my mind were just too hard. One almost drew blood.

I'd like to replace with one that is slightly larger. I've watched a few youtubes and it doesnt seem like that big of a deal.

I'd like to also consider the Mag Release extender and maybe the piece that extends the "break down" switch. sorry, dont know what that's called.

My question is for any that have added these, especially the Mag extension and carry your Glock holstered IWB. Does this conversion cause you to inadvertently release the Mag?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I CC my G 26 all the time usually IWB. I have had no issues with the factory release and have not changed it. I did however dislike the size of the gun until I shot it more and added the Pierce mag extinsion. Now it is much better I like having a place for my pinkey to rest.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Shoot, carry, practice and repeat for a few months before deciding. You might not have any actual problems with the stock setup at all.

I've carried a G26 for years withou issue, and it's just as it came from the factory (except the sights).

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
most of what you describe is normal and will get easier in time. slide release will eventually get real easy i doubt a bigger one will make a difference now, extended mag release can definitely be problem with pre mature mag release, and the take down lever you can get use to. the gun needs to be broken in, 500-1000 rds. i have 26,27,29,30,and 36 all bought new and all were the same way and got much better with time, now the aforementioned is not even thought about. go shoot the hell out of it and have a blast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL< all good advise. I know have read some reports of that mag release extension being an issue with premature mag drops when CC.

I cant wait to get this one out and run some rounds through it. Mine came with the pierce +1 (or two, not sure) extension, but I've ordered a factory flush 10 rd mag for CC and will use the others for range or cold weather. (jacket) would like to eventually get some of the 17 / 19 mags with the sleeves too.

I've also got the Sig p238 for the girlfriend to shoot this weekend. We're heading to the country to visit family so no range fee....:D

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I had the extended mag release on my G21SF RTF2 and had it changed back to OEM, kept accidently releasing the mag.

As for the slide release, instead of pushing down the slide release, pull the slide all the way back and release. This is called the slingshot method and is supposed to be easier on the weapon.

The G26 is the same size as my G33 and it is the easiest of all my Glocks to conceal.

·
Banned
966 Posts
The "slide lock / release switch" is properly called the slide stop. The "break down switch" is the slide lock. You can replace the stop (not sure about the lock) but don't do it. After a few weeks of use it will loosen up a little but again, as texcowboy said above, it's recommended to slingshot the slide to return it from the locked back position. Glocks are well-designed and 100% field-tested, so don't muck with it without good reason.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Like others I'd recommend keeping the gun stock for a while before modifying it any. I do use an extended mag release without issue but that is because I have a holster that does allow the mag release to be pressed. In a different type of holster I can see where it might be a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts