Glock Forum banner

Glock aftermarket sight

Tags
accuracy ccw
3K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  handgunner454 
#1 ·
So I just went out and picked up my 1st Glock model 23 absolutely love shooting it at the range and considering conceal carrying it! But the biggest thing I want to change are the sights but I’m having trouble deciding what sights to get! I’m looking for sights good for conceal carry during all times and very accurate sight picture! I was hoping to hear your suggestions!

#2 ·
I went through a phase where I bought just about every type of sight I could get my hands on to test - my conclusion was (eventually) keep it simple. For years after I have used the standard Glock Tritium Night Sights. They're steel sights with tubes made by Mepro and Glock sells them for about $70 a set. I found the slightly larger tubes were easier for me to see at night. I've won a GSSF competition with these on a G43 so there's no issue with them functioning for any purpose.

In the last couple of years my eyes have reached that stage where I need larger rear notches (if you aren't old enough to need reading glasses you can ignore this part). So I have started switching over to Dawson Precision night sights because I can customize the front and rear sizes. Dawson is the typical choice for competition sights.

I have a lot of friends in LE (mostly Feds) and they all use Trijicon HD night sights. https://www.trijicon.com/products/product-family/trijicon-hd-night-sights-for-glock-pistols Simple sights with an orange front for daylight and lowlight that really pops. These are quality sights that I enjoy shooting with as well, they run around $160 for a set though. Since I was buying for multiple guns I decided the Glock sights were the better value but if you can afford them, these are great sights.

#3 ·
If I were going to put new sights on one of my Glocks today I'd probably use: TruGlo TFX Pro sights.

(Wouldn't fasten them on with #242 'Blue' Loctite, though. Too tough to remove; and, if you own the Glock long enough, that day WILL come. Instead I'd use #222 'Purple' Loctite.)

#8 · (Edited)
I've got my first Glock just 2 months ago and found exactly the Trijicon Hd sight...it's truly a solid brand, and I enjoy shooting with it. I've never been a fan of Glock guns, so my expectations weren't high. But when I read a review on ballachy.com about the Glock 33 model, I realized that I need to try it. After several shooting practices I understood that it's a great gun. Trijicon sight makes it even better, so I think now I have a perfect gun.

#9 ·
I went with the Leupold Delta Point Pro. I am 75, this sight picks up easier for me rather than trying to line up irons I cannot see. I originally had a Trijicon RMR on it but
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

the larger window on the Leupold makes it easier to pick up. I have the Glock gen 4, 20 in 10mm and have conversions for six other calibers including this conversion for the 460 Rowland. By either just changing the barrels and springs I can shoot 10mm, .40SW, & 357 Sig When I change the upper from a Glock 21, I can shoot .45, 45 Super and the .460 which is shown here. I purchased aluminum magazine plates in different colors and had them engraved with caliber so I had the correct magazines with the correct conversion. This Glock was also sent to Robar to reduce the grip size. I have small hands and could not reach the trigger well, this has been a problem with Glocks since day 1
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

Wood Trigger Gun barrel Rectangle Electric blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.