Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting, I finally had the privilege to attend Glock’s Armorer’s Course on Tuesday. I passed :D

It was held at a gunsmith school in Lakewood, CO and there were almost 40 students. Most were LEO armorer’s; there were a few dealers, some students from the school and a couple of GSSF members (like myself).

The instructor was Dennis Tueller (of the “Tueller Drill” fame). He was an excellent instructor and has to have one of the world’s best jobs with responsibilities such as flying to Hawaii to teach or Austria to visit the Glock factory. Nice gig indeed!

Scheduled for 8:00-5:00, we ended about 30 minutes early. Lunch was catered BBQ and there were a few breaks, but we covered a LOT of material throughout the day. The final exam was 25 questions and if you paid attention, it wasn’t difficult at all.

Lots of hands on obviously – by the end of the day, I had fully stripped the G22 class gun at least 15 times. I only lost 1 spring :). Speaking of springs, did you know you can operate a Glock through a full magazine without a trigger spring? One of the more interesting things I learned.

Good swag, too – Glock pen, stickers, three manuals (including a Gen4-specific addendum), inspection plate and tons of stuff for sell from Glock Professional.

The cost was just under $200 and the certificate is good for 3 years. It was worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Congrats! Now we have another Forum member to go to with questions.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
nothing wrong with rubbing elbows with other likeminded people.... congrads

·
Registered
960 Posts
After months of waiting, I finally had the privilege to attend Glock’s Armorer’s Course on Tuesday. I passed :D

It was held at a gunsmith school in Lakewood, CO and there were almost 40 students. Most were LEO armorer’s; there were a few dealers, some students from the school and a couple of GSSF members (like myself).

The instructor was Dennis Tueller (of the “Tueller Drill” fame). He was an excellent instructor and has to have one of the world’s best jobs with responsibilities such as flying to Hawaii to teach or Austria to visit the Glock factory. Nice gig indeed!

Scheduled for 8:00-5:00, we ended about 30 minutes early. Lunch was catered BBQ and there were a few breaks, but we covered a LOT of material throughout the day. The final exam was 25 questions and if you paid attention, it wasn’t difficult at all.

Lots of hands on obviously – by the end of the day, I had fully stripped the G22 class gun at least 15 times. I only lost 1 spring :). Speaking of springs, did you know you can operate a Glock through a full magazine without a trigger spring? One of the more interesting things I learned.

Good swag, too – Glock pen, stickers, three manuals (including a Gen4-specific addendum), inspection plate and tons of stuff for sell from Glock Professional.

The cost was just under $200 and the certificate is good for 3 years. It was worth every penny.
That is awesome! I want to learn gunsmithing and get certified in that just for a hobby plus there are a lot of gun stores in the area looking for gunsmiths because there aren't a whole lot of them in this area. I have one guy that wants me to work for him on a part time basis. I'm thinking about it but have to make sure my income comes in low because of my disability pension. He offered me another "method of payment" that somehow doesn't make it on the books! LOL! No worries! I like that idea!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing wrong with rubbing elbows with other likeminded people.... congrads
I felt so out of place - most of the guys were 20+ year LEOs who had moved to the armory. Talk about a room full of experience!

Guy next to me was a Denver PD armorer and we chatted at length about the 45 GAP. He loved it and was telling me about a couple of OIS's where it had performed well. I don't know if I'll ever buy one, but I'm much more intrigued now to say the least.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is awesome! I want to learn gunsmithing and get certified in that just for a hobby plus there are a lot of gun stores in the area looking for gunsmiths because there aren't a whole lot of them in this area. I have one guy that wants me to work for him on a part time basis. I'm thinking about it but have to make sure my income comes in low because of my disability pension. He offered me another "method of payment" that somehow doesn't make it on the books! LOL! No worries! I like that idea!
The host school was pretty neat. Rows and rows of lathes and CNC equipment. Full on gunsmithing with guys making barrels out of bar stock and the like. I felt my more manly just pulling into the parking lot :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats, RMD...Really great! :)
Thanks! I had no idea how much I did NOT know until Tuesday :)

I hear the advanced course (2 days) is even more jam-packed with Glock goodness. They even have a G18 course!

·
Registered
960 Posts
The host school was pretty neat. Rows and rows of lathes and CNC equipment. Full on gunsmithing with guys making barrels out of bar stock and the like. I felt my more manly just pulling into the parking lot :)
That is great! Nothing like watching someone turn a piece of raw material into something beautiful! Barrels, trigger housings, etc. I have a huge interest in that fine skill!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks! I had no idea how much I did NOT know until Tuesday :)

I hear the advanced course (2 days) is even more jam-packed with Glock goodness. They even have a G18 course!
G18...you knew that was gonna make me smile... :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
G18...you knew that was gonna make me smile... :)
Now that's a Glock that EVERY Glock lover wants to get their hands on!!

Reactions: RMD

·
Registered
960 Posts

IMO, $200 is absolutely a very reasonable price for what they are offering. I'm thinking a lot of people on the forum (including me) are going to take it, no doubt! :eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just feel its so essential if you plan on owning more than one Glock or just understanding and appreciating how Glock's work...
Would love to take the course as well ...

RMD congratulations my friend...:)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
IMO, $200 is absolutely a very reasonable price for what they are offering. I'm thinking a lot of people on the forum (including me) are going to take it, no doubt! :eek:
I think any Glock fan would really enjoy it. You will have to join GSSF though. I think it's $30 for 1 year, but if you join for 2, you get a coupon that allows you to buy a new Glock at LEO prices :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just feel its so essential if you plan on owning more than one Glock or just understanding and appreciating how Glock's work...
Would love to take the course as well ...

RMD congratulations my friend...:)
Thanks.

I agree, especially if you like buying them :)

I think I paid about $250 for the 2-year GSSF membership + course tuition. That got me 3 coupons for LEO pricing on Glocks which would save me almost $500 compared to normal pricing. So the ROI is a no-brainer for a non-LEO like myself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think any Glock fan would really enjoy it. You will have to join GSSF though. I think it's $30 for 1 year, but if you join for 2, you get a coupon that allows you to buy a new Glock at LEO prices :)
I think with GSSF membership of at least two years you get to buy a Glock at $27 over LE price every year. As a Glock Armorer you get to buy two Glocks a year at LE Price.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think with GSSF membership of at least two years you get to buy a Glock at $27 over LE price every year. As a Glock Armorer you get to buy two Glocks a year at LE Price.
It's definitely a great deal.

My local blue-label dealer charges the same for LEO and GSSF still, so I'm lucky there :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts