Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened, but I had a friend at my house today with his new Glock, and he accidentally removed the slide with the mag in place. There was no ammo in the room so he learned a safety lesson, but he realized his error when he couldn't get the slide back in place on the frame. I had told him prior to reassembling it to do it carefully and with ease so he never forced it when he met resistance so I don't think he damaged anything (except his pride), but I told him I would ask the experts on here. I looked it over pretty well and everything looked good to me, and it worked fine with cycling dummy rounds. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
You can take the slide off and replace it with an empty mag in the gun BUT you can't take the slide off with a round in the mag, the pressure pushing up binds the slide

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You might want to suggest to your friend to take a "basic gun safety course" Good that you were there to point out the failure to clear the weapon.

·
Registered
960 Posts
You might want to suggest to your friend to take a "basic gun safety course" Good that you were there to point out the failure to clear the weapon.
Yep! Agree! Sounds like he could learn a few things from a course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts