Glock Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glock FDE, what is the the big deal about them?

I see a good deal of the Glock FDE's for sale. I have been told, that they are a limited run for Lipsey's. Looks like they still have them. Is there a reason that they are wanting more for them when you see them for sale? Are they worth any more?

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Glock came out with the line up of FDE and desert tan and they bombed. no one wanted them, one guy said he over ordered because the was "going to be a big hit". Glock people liked the black and Shied away from the other colors. when they stopped making them every one rushed to get one BECAUSE they are now a rare Glock. so now with every one wanting them Lipsey's did a limited run and they sold out fast. now glock thinks "wow" time to bring them back and starts making them again so now you have a flooded market of FDE Glocks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
going back about 3 years i called glock when i stumbled upon a lime green color glock. the girl on the phone said they made o d green glocks and some came out lime to o d green and some came out earth tone to brown but they were all call o d green and she said glock doesn't make them anymore. and they were selling at sky high prices then i saw one for as much as 1400.00 and there is no difference except for the color. since then i have heard rumors that everyone else has about new ones being made but have never called glock because i am not interested in them. call glock there good to talk to and they will tell you exactly whats going on. i doubt there is any difference other than the color.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
going back about 3 years i called glock when i stumbled upon a lime green color glock. the girl on the phone said they made o d green glocks and some came out lime to o d green and some came out earth tone to brown but they were all call o d green and she said glock doesn't make them anymore. and they were selling at sky high prices then i saw one for as much as 1400.00 and there is no difference except for the color. since then i have heard rumors that everyone else has about new ones being made but have never called glock because i am not interested in them. call glock there good to talk to and they will tell you exactly whats going on. i doubt there is any difference other than the color.
I also read that Glock never made a FDE, they call it DE. But who knows.

·
Banned
246 Posts
Lipsey's is/was the distributor for FDE GLOCKs

Glockmeister is/was the distributor for OD GLOCKs

Both were limited runs and sold very well.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
just for the record Glock is making FDE again. I seen a get 4 in FDE. where I have a problem is why don't they make the whole gun the same color. it would look so much better then a gun that looks hobbled together

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been shooting for many years, but own only 1 glock, just purchased a few days ago. Gen 4 model 23. Has glock ever offered other colors on the slide?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts