Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed that all three of my basically brand new Glock 26 magazines are all gouging in the follower and is a very distinct gouge. I have only put about 300 rounds through it. I am new to the Glock family, so I am wondering if this is considered normal wear on these plastic parts or is this something I should address with Glock? If normal wear, does it every cause any functionality issues? I use this as my backup weapon as well as my concealed carry weapon so I am trying to sort this out ASAP.

Thanks to anyone in advance who can share some insight on this issue.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Pics would help. Small grove with use is normal tho. If you're not having issues with it I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
No gouging on any of my mags. I did check my G27 Gen4 and noticed that the magazine follower is different than my G22 Gen3. The part of the slide that drives the next round into the chamber does not touch the follower in the G27 but the G22 does. However, I don't usually let the slide go on an empty magazine, if the slide is forward then the magazine is full. Could the gouge be from loading?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I recently noticed that all three of my basically brand new Glock 26 magazines are all gouging in the follower and is a very distinct gouge. I have only put about 300 rounds through it. I am new to the Glock family, so I am wondering if this is considered normal wear on these plastic parts or is this something I should address with Glock? If normal wear, does it every cause any functionality issues? I use this as my backup weapon as well as my concealed carry weapon so I am trying to sort this out ASAP.

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a pic?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I have to wonder also if you are dropping the slide on an empty mag.

·
Registered
960 Posts

As some of the others said, I haven't seen this on my 23. If you could upload some pictures, I would really like to see what is happening to them.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I have to wonder also if you are dropping the slide on an empty mag.
at no time does the slide ever touch the follower. Basicity the follower stops when it makes contact with the slide lock. If it is making contact then the slide lock is bent (happening to all three mags in the same place) and allowing contact to be made

1 - 8 of 8 Posts