Glock Forum banner

Glock non-night sights—need advice

16K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  maestromsv 
#1 ·
I just joined this forum and am a new Glock 19 owner since January. I need help from you veteran Glock owners. I have been reading enough about night sights to determine that I don't think I need them. Having said that, the standard Glock sights don't work for me. Does anyone have any recommendations on alternative sights? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
Hand Communication Device Camera accessory Finger Everyday carry
Well I'd get either Meprolight Tritium Night Sights or Big Dot Night Sights. Although you sai Gadget Audio equipment Cameras & optics Camera Input device
d you don't need night sights these are both excellent sights and the bonus is if you need to shoot in low light situations you'll have the ability to do so. Here's how the Meprolight sights look-

#3 ·
View attachment 104 Well I'd get either Meprolight Tritium Night Sights or Big Dot Night Sights. Although you sai View attachment 103 d you don't need night sights these are both excellent sights and the bonus is if you need to shoot in low light situations you'll have the ability to do so. Here's how the Meprolight sights look-
I agree and i also like a Fiber Optic front sight in red with the stock Glock rear sight.

#5 ·
welcome jtsantes. For 80 bucks installed you can go wrong with a set of night sites. You may never need them but if you do you will be glad you have them. Most of then made lately have been manufactured to be great in night and day. A few years ago they weren't so good for day shooting. I have at least 1 set from every manufacturer on my handguns. The last ones I bought for my G27 were the Meprolights. I am very satisfied with them.

#7 ·
I prefer the Trijicons over the Meprolites. All four of my Glocks have them. The rear is kind of like a Novak only shorter and I get a good sight picture. My Beretta 92F and Sig 229 have Meprolites and I just don't care for them as much. My G23 is ready for a new set, and I think I'm going to try the Big Dots on it because my vision isn't what it used to be (sucks getting old) :(and the large white outlines will help in the daytime,I hope. I also have LaserMax's guide rod lasers on all my glocks. and on my gen 3 mod. 32, since it's the only glock I own with an accessory rail, it has a Surefire tactical light as well. I figure if I cant hit em with the night sight and the laser, at least I can blind em with the light!!:cool:

#14 ·
I tried a tritium front sight (Ameriglo), but found that it was less visible than the Glock OEM sight under normal conditions (daylight or range conditions). It was more visible in the dark.

Like you, I decided that it was most unlikely that I would ever need to shoot in total darkness, so pure "night sights" were not for me.

I replaced it with an Ameriglo FiberRod (green).

This sight pops in normal/dim light...very good. And I blacked out the bottom horizontal bar on the Glock OEM rear sight, so my sight picture is a bright green round dot flanked by 2 white squares...works for me!

#15 ·
I tried a tritium front sight (Ameriglo), but found that it was less visible than the Glock OEM sight under normal conditions (daylight or range conditions). It was more visible in the dark.
it counts to what the gun is used for, most SD situations are in low light /twilight or dark area (crime loves the dark). when in a SD situation your most likely not going to use the sights in the first place, it would be a point and shoot situation

#16 ·
Going cheap? This is what I use right now on my 23 Nitesiters Handgun Night Sights They help in the day light too.
If you get them, go ahead and use the glue.

#17 ·
Check out Warren Tactical sights.

#21 ·
I have 1 with Mep's, 1 with Trijicon's, but out of the night sights I like the TFO's best. Now saying that I like the Glock Steel sights I put on 6 of mine. I find them easier to see at the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.