Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Glock has been under attack since it's inception... especially here in the U.S...While it's one of the most brilliant designs in handgun history, and highly desired by competent shooters, LE departments, and military's around the world, sadly enough the popularity also draws it's share of negative types (bangers, punks, and murderers, etc.) that draw more negative attention. And there's been a rash of them recently, it seems...
Watch for a ramped-up outcry and attempted legislation against them, and other popular high capacity pistol makers, along with renewed pursuit of high cap mags, and "excessive" ammo, by the anti's...The current administration has laid low on this issue so far, and I believe that card will be played before too long...Every atrocity/tragedy involving a Glock, high caps, and extra ammo will come to the forefront again...including "stupid" instances like the ones where LE's shoot themselves, and others with the "unsafe" Glock duty weapons...or allow their children or others to access their loaded duty weapons, and bring harm to someone.. just my thoughts...anyone else sense a storm brewing...? :confused:

·
Banned
966 Posts
I sense a storm brewing but not against Glocks per se. Maybe against high-cap mags and maybe stricter purchasing requirements, that sort of thing, but not against any particular manufacturer, except that they might consider requiring actual safeties on all semi-auto's and tell Glock that their "three safety" claim is bogus.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
If the present administration gets reelected I feel for sure there will be a big anti-gun push but I dont see it against Glocks but "assault" weapons. The non-gun educated public in my opinion panics more when seeing a cocked and locked 1911 in a police holster than a Glock.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tex, JackRussell...Yep, I agree...not just Glocks..I guess what I'm seeing is such a continuous string of "Glock" related crimes...seems to be a weapon of choice, of idiots. This just all lends credence to the issue of "high caps", and other issues...at least in the eyes of the anti's...Glocks won't be singled out in any effort, but "referenced" heavily as examples for their causes....

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I think the best publicity for Glocks are the many, many Police Depatments that issue them and the individual officers on other departments that carry them as their choice. But I know what you mean, even on TV and the movies there are so many Glocks.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Glock has been heavily referenced in rap lyrics for years, so I think it's already seen by many as a gangsta piece. I wouldn't worry about Glock, I'd worry about personal liberty. And when I say "I" I mean other people because I'm not the worrying type. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Realizing of course, that this is in the RepubliK of KaliforniA...
How about this...child endangerment...for having that weapon accessible to that child...I'd think he'd be upset with his department, first...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Officers have been shooting themselves with their duty weapons accidentally (and many times sadly on purpose) long before the Glock existed. I see it as a non-issue. As far as criminals preferring them, the guns I see on the streets in the hands of criminals are overwhelmingly cheap pot metal (with shiny chrome) semi-automatics. High end guns rarely end up in the hands of a criminal unless they have been stolen. Usually from someone that has carelessly left them unsecured in their home or in an unlocked vehicle. I'd be more worried about people that can actually afford these guns carelessly letting them get in the hands of criminals. If I wanted to protect our rights and had influence with Glock I'd have them include two mags with each gun with a certificate allowing a free additional mag when you send in your NRA membership or renewal or signed up a new member.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts