Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think guns are a lot like cars...they all roll off the same line, but for whatever reason, one vehicle is amazing...no problems whatsoever, while another vehicle turns out to be nothing but trouble. I've got a Glock 23 gen 4, and this gun is an absolute gem. Close to 5,000 rds, and not a single failure. Trigger pull is smooth as silk. I wouldn't think of changing anything on this gun. It's perfect.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
most of the people here are multiple glock owners, and thats a lot of glocks! very seldom do we hear of a problem with a glock and if we do it is usually shooter induced! glad your happy with your 23!

·
Banned
966 Posts
I have a carbon copy of Sean's G23 but I changed out the connector and trigger spring to get the 3.5# pull. Sure, it's smooth, but I wanted a bit less pull to increase my accuracy. I realize that this only matters at the range. In the heat of a gunfight with the adrenaline pumping the trigger pull will be the least of my concerns.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
most of the people here are multiple glock owners, and thats a lot of glocks! very seldom do we hear of a problem with a glock and if we do it is usually shooter induced! glad your happy with your 23!
What he said, add faulty ammo in that equation also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yep, Glocks are reliable as heck. Of my three, the only failure I have EVER had was with a really light .45 load that was really intended for a lightly sprung 1911. Personally, I don't love the way Glocks look, but I Love the way they work!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
gl.jpg any one wanna drink?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
anything that is made is subject to problems. Although, I have been issued or have owned 7 Glocks in different models and Generations over the last 23 years and have not had a problem with one of them. That's a pretty good track record

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I think we're already drinking that, thanks...
I love my Glock’s BUT I tend not to put anything to high on a pedestal because they might fall from grace. To say Glock is perfect is a good way of doing that. Glock has had its problems and in some cases fail to correct them until the public outcry was hurting their reputation and sales

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I love my Glock’s BUT I tend not to put anything to high on a pedestal because they might fall from grace. To say Glock is perfect is a good way of doing that. Glock has had its problems and in some cases fail to correct them until the public outcry was hurting their reputation and sales
Nothing that's made is perfect...for sure...I can't put any man-made thing on a pedestal, either. But they are the best thing out there right now, dependability wise..and of course I'm talking about stock, un-molested guns vs other stock unmolested guns....Glocks seem to do fine until folks start monkey'n with 'em. Virtually every gunmaker has faced issues with their guns...and Glock has developed a reputation for dependability that is probably unsurpassed...

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know several Glock owners including my LEO best friend. He carried a Sig Sauer .45 acp for many years. He changed over to Glock and never looked back. He has 5 Glock pistols now and we have a great time at the range! His fellow officers only carry Glocks. When you look at how many law enforcement agencies use these, that alone says it all!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Yep...roughly 65%...not bad for a "plastic piece of junk" as I heard a guy say one time...

·
Registered
960 Posts
They certainly perfected a plastic piece of junk into a masterpiece! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Before I venture out every day I am torn between carrying the 23 or the 36. Either one conceals very nice no matter what I'm wearing, so I just pick one! I am very confident with either knowing they will go bang every time if needed. I just can't wait to get another one and thinking I'm gonna go with a .357 next. So many options and great reliability! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts