Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I hope that members can help me. I am semi-retired and trying to leard about firearms so I can be a light parttime gunsmith in the future. I am taking a self taught Armorer's course with quiz questions - this is not a course or an exam. I am have problems with some of the material in the book or with the quiz questions. Thanks for your help!

Glock Pistols – Personal Note # 11. On the Glock pistol, I am having a problem determining what Glock gun part holds the slide cover plate in place. My possible quiz answers are as follows. My best guess answer would be “d”.
a) The rear of the firing pin
b) The locking block
c) The firing pin safety
d) The spacer sleeve (striker sleeve)
e) The connector

Glock Pistols – Personal Note # 12. On the Glock pistol, I need to determine what prevents the firing pin spring from moving forward and off of the firing pin? My possible quiz answers are as follows. My best guess answer would be “d”.
a) The rear portion of the breech face
b) The firing pin itself
c) The spacer sleeve (striker sleeve)
d) The spring cups

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm gonna guess D for #11. I believe the firing pin spring is pushing the spacer sleeve against the plate to keep it from falling out.

I want to say the spring cup for #12, but you may be right.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
You will find that U-tube can supply a lot of answers about the Glock pistol, just go to U-tube, and put 'Glock' in the search and watch what happens. I know there are a few on detail stripping that are very good.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm gonna guess D for #11. I believe the firing pin spring is pushing the spacer sleeve against the plate to keep it from falling out.

I want to say the spring cup for #12, but you may be right.
I believe we have a couple of Glock armors here that will be able to validate the answers but I agree with RMD, 11 = D 12 = D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If I got those right, I'm gonna freak cause I suck at the quizes & haven't stripped a slide since last summer :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Definitely "D" for both questions.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Good luck with the study, but something like gunsmithing IMO is better learned with practice than books.

So make sure you buy a Glock and play with it enough ;)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good luck with the study, but something like gunsmithing IMO is better learned with practice than books.

So make sure you buy a Glock and play with it enough ;)
+1 on that...practice makes better!!! And welcome to the forum, Hoppy74

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Real Glock, real pistol...then you'll be hooked like all the rest of us...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts