Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how long the springs are good for in the glocks? I see online spring sets and would like to get a pack or two. so many things to get for the firearms and so little doe... Little by little.. Extended Mags are on the list beause they may get band again, so Im stocking up on them..

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Stock springs will last a long time; Now if you’re in a shooting competition I say always have a backup but under normal wear and tear your fine

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
If you Glock is new I sure would not concern myself with springs.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Anyone know how long the springs are good for in the glocks? I see online spring sets and would like to get a pack or two. so many things to get for the firearms and so little doe... Little by little.. Extended Mags are on the list beause they may get band again, so Im stocking up on them..
Not a bad idea to buy a stock spring set. They last a long time, but as with anything mechanical, they can wear or break. I think agencies replace every 5k or so, but I'm not 100% sure. I've heard of Glocks going tens of thousands of rounds before any part wears to the point of breaking or being unsafe.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
was on ebay last night and thay have standard sets (3) for 8 bucks

edit: this is not including the slide spring

Reactions: blackhawk33

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Not a bad idea to buy a stock spring set. They last a long time, but as with anything mechanical, they can wear or break. I think agencies replace every 5k or so, but I'm not 100% sure. I've heard of Glocks going tens of thousands of rounds before any part wears to the point of breaking or being unsafe.
Absolutely correct. You should have at least 2 set on hand. More if you have more than 1 Glock that you shoot regularly.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Couldn't hurt to own a couple of extras considering how inexpensive they are, my advice, spend ANY extra cash on ammo. Practice makes perfect and I am living proof that the more you shoot the better you get!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts