Glock Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is probably not related but I didn't see where to post it on the forum here?

I went through my first 200 rds and as suggested by the salesperson I'm going to clean it before I use it again. Actually what she said was that I didn't need to clean it before firing my first 200 rds.

Just bought ammo for my next goround. First 200 rds were PCM 165 gr and noticed that the ammo I just bought at Sports Academy is by Federal and it's 180 gr. Now I know there's not a problem with that but I just want to know what to expect, will it be louder? more recoil? or not noticeable at all?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good shooting! That'll get the job done in .40 S&W :)

You probably won't notice much of a difference, but the heavier/slower round might have a bit less felt recoil.

Have you chosen your SD/carry round yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congested on your 23. I just bought a gen4 23. 400 rounds so far, no failures using 180 HST. Sound is dependant on velocity, so heavier bullets tend to be less loud, though you may or may not notice the difference. The heavier 180 does have less percieved recoil. HST, Gold Dot, Win. Talons are all good defensive choices.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Ron, you didnt say if your G23 was GEN 3 or GEN 4, I was just wondering as the GEN 4's dual recoil spring is supposed to dampen the 40's recoil.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I've had 3 of those...all great shooters...Congrats...!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry Tex I just now saw your reply... it's a Gen4
Great deal on it to.
Co-worker told me about a Gun Shop that is authorized to sale the
Glock 23, same weapon most LEO's carry and for the same price they
pay. Ended up getting this Glock for $400 I thought it was too good a
deal to pass up.

Zombie, Amen brother lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts