Glock Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
((( someone mentioned Glock BTF problems )))

I personally think the Austrians built that problem into the Glock pistols, my G22 does it on occasion and I like it, let me explain ...

Not long ago I was dating a large-breasted women from the neighboring town and she discovered I was a staunch supporter of 2A rights and wanted me to take her shooting, my local indoor gun-range has a "Ladies Shoot Free Night" on Monday nights, so we set a date. After some one on one time showing her how my G22 operates and a safety lesson we headed to the range, that night she was wearing a tight deep V-necked shirt and a push-up bra nicely showing off her well rounded ta-ta's, (even the women at the range were jealous of her) ............
She was about half way through her 2nd mag when it happened, a freshly spent round hit her nose and dropped right down in between her boobies, she started screaming: "OMG my boobs are on fire" (the range fell silent) I ran over and started digging around in her shirt !!!

> to be continued next week ! <

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I did a quick look at the link you provided and my first impression is this was a problem with earlier models going back about a decade and a wee-bit of talk about using a quality lube on the slide/frame.
Most of the complaints in the first 2 pages were logged in 2014 or 2015. Definitely not earlier models, and if my math is correct, far more recent than a decade ago.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
((( someone mentioned Glock BTF problems )))

I personally think the Austrians built that problem into the Glock pistols, my G22 does it on occasion and I like it, let me explain ...

Not long ago I was dating a large-breasted women from the neighboring town and she discovered I was a staunch supporter of 2A rights and wanted me to take her shooting, my local indoor gun-range has a "Ladies Shoot Free Night" on Monday nights, so we set a date. After some one on one time showing her how my G22 operates and a safety lesson we headed to the range, that night she was wearing a tight deep V-necked shirt and a push-up bra nicely showing off her well rounded ta-ta's, (even the women at the range were jealous of her) ............
She was about half way through her 2nd mag when it happened, a freshly spent round hit her nose and dropped right down in between her boobies, she started screaming: "OMG my boobs are on fire" (the range fell silent) I ran over and started digging around in her shirt !!!

> to be continued next week ! <
The first time I ever had BTF was my first Glock. It was a 2000 model Glock 23.

I think it's always been a Glock issue, though not all Glocks do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experience with each. What didn't go bang in the Glock went bang in the 1911. To say one is better than the other is to say an old muscle car is better that a plastic car made today. Each has their own merits.
Many moons ago when I was ten years old one of my uncle's who survived WWll allowed me to shoot his 1911( he was on the stern of the USS Arizona when the bomb hit ) I fired 200 rounds thru that 1911 and it was instant addiction. So I believe whatever handgun most people first handle and shoot will always be their usual choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I was a 1911 pattern, 'die-hard aficionado' for (What?) the first 50 years of my life. I've owned 7 or 8 of them; and every one a real beauty, too! Today, however, I'm finally ready to admit that single stack 45 ACP pistols are history - Things of the past! The other thing I've noticed is that if I wanted to duplicate one of my earlier Colt Mark IV's or Gold Cups it would cost me between 10 and 12 times what I originally paid for my first 1911's. That's just plain nutz!
The very first time I heard that 1911s were doomed to history was waaaaaay back in 1955 and STRANGELY they're still available by the tens of thousands and still being produced in vast quantities in 2021. Let's see how many of these wonder plastics are still here 110 years from now, that is if the United States is still in eistence. We won't be if George Soros finishes his ultimate goal. Jackalope3

101 - 106 of 106 Posts