Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belong to a private club that has a large membership now, when I joined I was assigned a number in the 300's because that is all the members we had at that time.

Many improvements have been made to the range as well as the yearly membership going up every year.

Pretty sure this year I will have to use my membership as it was $165.00 to renew for one year ! ! !

We have no other ranges, private or public on the island.

The next nearest range is a public one on the mainland that charges a entrance fee as well as a per weapon fee and target/ammo fees !

Guessing not all "progress" is a good thing ...

· Administrator
268 Posts
I have a membership at an outdoor range that took 2yrs to get through the waitlist - it's the only range where one can draw from a holster and bays are large enough that you can move/fire and setup different types of targets. It hosts a ton of competitions as that is part of its deal with the city to get the land. The downside, it's hard to get range time on weekends because of competitions - and it's freaking hot during the spring/summer/fall so I rarely go. Every year when the membership comes up my wife asks "why". I have no justification other than I'm not giving up my spot!

· Super Moderator
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I joined many many years ago we had a real "outhouse" with a toilet seat onna box and a hole in the ground.

Much progress has been made, shooting bays, run courses, and of course a gray port o potty for the men and a pink one for the women !

There is a membership meeting this weekend, I will try and get some pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts