Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is a good brand of ammo to use at the range? I have a G17.
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I use Winchester White Box FMJ in .40. Walmart generally has a good price per box. I usually buy a case online for about $140-$150. 9mm of course will be less. I have also shot Brown Bear. A case will run you less than $100.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
+1 on the Winchester White Box...Some guns don't do well with it, but Glocks generally do. Your range ammo doesn't have to be expensive...Just find some that runs good in your gun... personal preference.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Inexpensive, easily found and loved by Glock 9mm's - another +1 to the Winchester White Box found at Walmart.

(Federal Champion is a bit cheaper, but is somewhat underpowered and not worth the savings to me)

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks guys.
By the way, JP4201...welcome aboard..As you can see, there are some "seasoned" and "Glock-wise" folks here...Always ready to help a fellow Glocker out...

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Think Wal-Mart when you are looking a target ammo, or buying in bulk. That is the only way to do it. I have had good luck with WWB (Winchester white box), and the federal 100 pack at WM. There are all sorts of online distributors of bulk ammo and 9mm is all over the place. enjoy that pistol and shoot safe.

Reactions: rowabi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just took your advice and put some Gold Dots through today. Shot a much tighter group with it. It was very fun. Cant wait to get a .45. Shot my buddies Kimber 1911 today and now MUST have one.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Just took your advice and put some Gold Dots through today. Shot a much tighter group with it. It was very fun. Cant wait to get a .45. Shot my buddies Kimber 1911 today and now MUST have one.
I came real close to getting a SIG 1911 (shot it better than the dozen other 1911s I tried), but ended up with a G30 instead. Never regretted it, but I still have a 1911 itch :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I came real close to getting a SIG 1911 (shot it better than the dozen other 1911s I tried), but ended up with a G30 instead. Never regretted it, but I still have a 1911 itch :)
I picked up a Springfield M1911A1 a couple of years ago. I like it a lot.. I still want to pick up a Colt 1911 Gov't Model to hang on my wall but I can't see spending 2k+ for a wall ornament.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Love the Dan Wesson V-Bob. Someday maybe when I win the lottery. Which didn't happen to night.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My wife has a G19C, and it fires any new ammo I have fed it. But that pistol hates reloads!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whew.... for a couple seconds I thought i was going to be trashed for mentioning something other than a Glock. Glad to see that did not happen. I have been using the WWB from wally world and havent had a problem yet. Glad I joined this Forum. Thanks again for all the advise. You guys, and girls (if there are any), rock.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Whew.... for a couple seconds I thought i was going to be trashed for mentioning something other than a Glock. Glad to see that did not happen. I have been using the WWB from wally world and havent had a problem yet. Glad I joined this Forum. Thanks again for all the advise. You guys, and girls (if there are any), rock.
No, I thing everyone here loves Glocks but I think they also know the world doesn't revolve around them or any other particular brand. It's all about which end of the weapon your on that really matters. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts