Glock Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased 3 months ago, joined small arms shooting range, have probably shot about 2,500 rounds thus far. Have been told by many that I am an excellent shot. My problem is not with the Glock, it's with the operator ... I have read that the Glock is about the easiest to disassemble, clean and reassemble. I have cleaned it 6-8 times without any problems. Well ... I am extremely embarrassed but not so much that I won't ask for help. Last night after cleaning, I was reassembling it and have no idea what-so-ever how I did it but I have really messed up my Glock! I missed the front guides but not the back ones so the front is sitting up on top of the guides and the back is how it should be. In trying to fix it, of course the trigger is now in the wrong position to be able to disassemble. What do I do now?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If you are handy with a mallet just give it a few whacks on the back of the slide. If that doesn't work then run it by a gunsmith. They should be able to get you back up and running in just a few minutes

·
Registered
34 Posts
That happened to my 26 too. Nothing worked until I simply pulled the trigger while moving the slide firmly and smoothly (not in a swift motion) forward. Good luck!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hope you get it taken care of easily! :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
before you go you smacking on it make sure the firing pin is no hung up on the sear and it should slide off

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welcome grandma! i did a similar thing and the mallet thing or pulling the trigger does work but you may need another persons help depending how strong you are.

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome grandma! i did a similar thing and the mallet thing or pulling the trigger does work but you may need another persons help depending how strong you are.

I did just the opposite with mine. I got the slide on the front tabs and over the top of the rear ones. I just had to pull the trigger and I kept jerking the slide and it finally came off. That is one of the things that you have to be careful with on a Glock because it is easy to miss the tabs if you are not careful.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard...I agree with most of the suggestions above..you're certainly not the first to do it...I hope you get it fixed quick...Let us know...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks soooo much to everyone for your suggestions (especially that everyone was so understanding and helpful). I am thrilled to announce that it is fixed!!! I actually tried the suggestion of pulling the trigger and was able to slide it off. I then "correctly" re-assembled my Glock. I'll be off to the range again today thanks to this incredible forum. My son took me to the range the first time and I have been hooked since then. Thanks again for your help :eek:)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
son took me to the range the first time and I have been hooked since then.
when your shooting you in a world by yourself, wither it be the power of an object in your hand or the consecration of trying to do your best it is in itself mesmerizing

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks soooo much to everyone for your suggestions (especially that everyone was so understanding and helpful). I am thrilled to announce that it is fixed!!! I actually tried the suggestion of pulling the trigger and was able to slide it off. I then "correctly" re-assembled my Glock. I'll be off to the range again today thanks to this incredible forum. My son took me to the range the first time and I have been hooked since then. Thanks again for your help :eek:)
I would say "all's well that ends well", but it sounds as if this is just the beginning...glad it's fixed...enjoy that Glock...! Happy shooting, and be safe... :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Awesome! Congrats. (BTW when this happened to me, I noticed I slightly bent part of the steel disc on the non-muzzle-end side of the recoil spring. It still nestles in that little half moon insert, but arc radius is slightly dimpled. I could imagine this being a problem if it was really wrenched on, but dunno).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Grandma: In so many ways I can identify with you. I'm 72, not an expert on handguns but have several for sport and safety. I was a Jet pilot, and in many ways see the Glock like a Russian Mig... great machine but fit together more like a model T Ford than a BMW. Would start and run in a sandbox. Little precision but would go bang every time you pushed the button. Your Gun is made to work almost no matter what you do wrong that's so you will trust it to protect you. If you feel something's not right, there's lots of us who can help you diagnose it. Get to know a Glock Armorer in your city... they're volunteers, guys like me and your grandson. Come over and visit we'll take a look and make sure every thing's right. Most important we won't laugh at you or make fun if you ask a question we've heard a hundred times. Have fun, practice, take care of yourself.
J.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts