Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first gun of any kind last week - a Glock 23 (Gen 3). Went to the range with a buddy of mine and shot about 150 rounds. In a word: Awesome! I shot .22 target pistols many years ago, but this is totally different. Just the feel of it is incredible. Recoil is manageable, but I definitely need more practice. Can't wait to get back to the range sometime soon!

Any recommendations on ammo for the 23? I used PMC Bronze 165 grain FMJ, bought from dealer. Seemed OK to me, but I'm new to this...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations on your new glock and welcome to the forum. I dont shoot .40 but for practice anything with a jacket will work. just stay away from reloads.
Cheers
RW

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My Glock 23 will eat just about anything. I would look for the cheapest and give it a try. If it likes it keep using it. Usually I find that except for Tula and Brown Bear Winchester White Box is usually the cheapest FMJ target ammo out there. Buy target ammo cheap and shoot often, Put the money into practice and a good defense round

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the ammo tip. I will try to find Winchester White Box, either on the net or at my local gun shop. The local gun shop charged $15.50 for 50 rounds of PMC Bronze. Don't know if I can do better on this or another brand if I order on the Internet - I assume shipping costs are not insignificant if you go online.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and good shooting. I dont shoot 40 cal so can be no help there.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Wal-mart is your best friend when you are looking for ammo local. I shoot the Federal FMJ 100 pack and it is pretty cheap. It seem that lately it is cheaper then the WWB. The best deal is to order some bulk ammo from an online dealer. In my opinion that is the best bang for the buck. I would say that the best plan is to get a few boxes from you local Wal-mart, LGS, cabelas, bass pro, or similar and see which brand you like the best. This method also works for the SD ammo.

Good luck and safe shooting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts