Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, besides making it look a little "cooler" or a little customized, what's the deal with grip plugs?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I use them, I think it looks better and smoother and keeps dirt out. Also, less to hang up on while doing a fast reload.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Got em on both of mine! Like them a lot!!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I have them because I think they make the gun look cleaner BUT Glock doesn’t recommend then because the like to leave the grip open to allow dirt and water to be able to drain from the gun. Be careful when inserting them into the gen 4, lots of plugs need to be sanded a little to fit right and avoid cracking the grip

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
On top of the reasons listed here the most important tactical reason is that is using a plug, while doing a tactical reload you are less likely to catch the end of the magazine on the lip between the magazine well and the drainage opening.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I don't use them, my Glock's like dirt.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I don't take mine swimming (though I did leave all my guns on the bottom of the Ohio river in a boating accident...:rolleyes:..doubt that the grip plugs would have made much of a difference.. :eek:)...but I think they could be useful for the reasons stated above... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't use a plug on my G19. But, on my G36 I have one because I was having trouble dropping the magazine, my palm would be against it preventing it from dropping. The plug is just large enough to keep my hand out of the way.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just for looks or people that are concerned about dust and such in that channel. Really not a concern unless you never clean anything or are a messy person. The favorite thing I've found in that channel on another officer's duty weapon was melted chocolate and cat hair.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Just for looks or people that are concerned about dust and such in that channel. Really not a concern unless you never clean anything or are a messy person. The favorite thing I've found in that channel on another officer's duty weapon was melted chocolate and cat hair.
lol...no way... :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure I want to know the reason behind that...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Anyone use them on gen4's? I remember looking into it a while ago and there were a couple of options.
Yep! I bought one for my 23 that fits perfect. It is designed for use WITH the backstraps. I use the large backstrap because it seems to fit in my hand perfectly. There is a different manufacture that makes one designed to insert a screw (included) but I thought, no thanks. I bought this one and it works very well! I provided a link to the item I purchased. Hope this helps for those who like to use the backstraps! :)
Pearce Glock Plug 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 31, 32, 34, 35, 37, 38 Gen 4 | eBay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts