Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun sales have gone through the roof and I am having trouble finding a Glock 30 to get my hands on before trying to buy one over the internet.
I own and am very familiar with the G19.
My concern is the length of the grip on the G30 and the feel in my hand. If the grip is not long enough I do not want to buy without feeling it. In conversation I was told that the Pearce magazine extender would give the G30 the same feel as the G19 with the only exception of a thicker grip on the G30 due to the double stack. Any insight would be appreciative. I do not want the G30 lost in my hand and buying without touching is not wise. I cannot find a store that has a G30 to hold in my hand.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
No way for us to say what will fit your hand. You will just have to find one and then decide if you want the G30SF or G30.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i have a g30 and don't have a problem with it, however if you think the grip may be a problem, it probably will be. if you can't find a thirty try a g29 they are the same size. pearce extender helps a little bit but usually is a rest for your pinky. BEST ADVICE AS ABOVE TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hold it before you buy it. You might want to check out local ranges that offer range guns. I've found this a good way to check out a make and model before I invest in a new gun. Nothing worse than buyer remorse.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Always try before you buy. Attend a gun show and head for the biggest dealer in the room. They will have a 30 for you to hold. That's what I would do.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Definitely try one. The grip is thicker, but otherwise, it's similar in size to a G19. Factory 10 round magazines will give your pinky a place to rest if that matters. No need for an 'extender'.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Good luck...great gun, but as everyone has said...try one on, for sure. It is kinda thick in the grip, unless you get the 30SF.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found mine used @ cabelas and after holding it I knew it was right for me. But you should def. fondle it before you get one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts