Glock Forum banner

Gun range allows owners to shoot at each other

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  barstoolguru 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I think the real problem with this "training" is that it violates the order of procedure for self defense: (1) avoidance, (2) escape and (3) fight only if you have to and then from the best cover available. In the video, you see one person, a single mom, with a handgun advancing and engaging several "invaders" armed with high powered rifles. She may injure one but she ain't gonna live to see her child again.

#8 ·
I think it's a reasonable way to get actual self defense training. That same woman simulated a home invasion. She grabbed her gun and was heading to her kids' room potentially to avoid and escape. She encountered the invaders before she could reach her kids. Now she can train to defend herself. Backpedal to cover while shooting. Tactically sound. Create space and fire.

Do I think her in the living room against 3 ARs and she has a revolver is reasonable? No. But neither is the idea 3 guys are gonna burst in with ARs.

There is no substitute for actual reality based training. I like the idea.

I'd wear body armor though.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.