Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gunshow in Columbus, Georgia today looking for a G39 or G38. No luck. However, I did leave with some ammo. Georgia Arms was there and I had emailed them a few days ago and requested that they bring some GAP ammo. The last time they were here they didn't bring any. I left with 350 rounds FMJ and 300 rounds JHP. I bought everything that they brought with them.

At least I don't feel like I wasted the $8 to get into the gunshow now. However, my desire to get a second GAP pistol has not been satisfied. A local pawn shop had a used G38 a couple of weeks ago. I think I might have to go visit them again.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm still not sure of the .45 GAP. Don't know if it's going to make it in the market place. Think I'll stick with the tried and true .45 ACP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to have one, but I too am going to wait and see if this round survives.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The round is gaining more popularity with law enforcement. Florida Highway Patrol just ditched their non Glock .40's for the G-37 and 38's. That is about 2500 guns.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I too am taking a wait and see attitude.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel like Glock hasn't done enough to market this great round. It's like they spent all the time, money and energy to develop it, just to say..."yeah, we have our own round"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel like Glock hasn't done enough to market this great round. It's like they spent all the time, money and energy to develop it, just to say..."yeah, we have our own round"
I think you may be right. When Springfield was making the XD in .45 GAP, I remember seeing ads for it in all of the gun magazines. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing Glock do that.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That's a tough niche to try to come into and grab a share of the market...Not a fan personally of the GAP, but for the sake of all shooters I hope the round catches on, and provides all of us with another choice...remember, the .40 S&W wasn't supposed to make it, either...look at it now...major player...!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts