Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics I received in an E Mail from a friend.

A Border patrol Officer did an unexpected (fall) dismount from his ATV and landed on His H&K in a Serpa holster. According to the E Mail an ASP was mounted right behind the holstered weapon and may have acted as a fulcrum causing the break. Either way, in my opinion a Glock would have survived as from handling an H&K it seems the glock's frame is more flexable. I hope the pics make it.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/IIITheChadIII/photo.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/IIITheChadIII/photo1.jpg

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af116/IIITheChadIII/photo2.jpg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That's wild! Glad it didn't go off - a testament to the safety of modern pistols.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Had a similar fall, from the doorway of a large U-Haul moving truck. I was in the drivers door,attempting to unload (Push) my 120 lb Rotty from the seat. He didn't want to get out. As I moved around the front of the truck and stepped up into the landing of the passenger door to coax him, he decided to jump into my arms...without me asking him to. I fell straight back about 8 ft, landing on back/right side, and directly on my G23 which I had just tucked inside my waist...There was no issue about my Glock not working, (after all...it's a Glock) and I have no pix
to show...However, my right hip and side were severely bruised. Glad his pistol didn't discharge...Shoulda been a Glock, lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is a bad day. I have a buddy that wiped out on motorcycle. He was wearing his g26. It was on the side that he landed on. The gun only had scratches on it, he had one hell of a bruise for about six months from the gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oooo, that sucks. $750. Down the drain. BTW don't knock the h&k. Every time I bring mine to the range someone offers me alot of $ to sell one to them. The last guy who was a diehard 1911 guy offered me 800. Cash for my 15yr old compact.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Oooo, that sucks. $750. Down the drain. BTW don't knock the h&k. Every time I bring mine to the range someone offers me alot of $ to sell one to them. The last guy who was a diehard 1911 guy offered me 800. Cash for my 15yr old compact.
no doubt...great guns for sure.
I promise you one thing...I wish I had been wearing nobody's gun when I fell...Hurt for a while...

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
wow hard to believe the fall from a ATV would do that all on it's own. I wonder the age of the weapon? stress fractures from past exposure to damage? I own a H&K UPSc LEM .40 and it's just a durable as my Glocks. I will say that the polymer seems to be a bit less pliable than the Glock though

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
wow hard to believe the fall from a ATV would do that all on it's own. I wonder the age of the weapon? stress fractures from past exposure to damage? I own a H&K UPSc LEM .40 and it's just a durable as my Glocks. I will say that the polymer seems to be a bit less pliable than the Glock though
How the LEM trigger?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
And I don't believe anyone torture tests their pistols like Glock...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I love it. Just like the Glock in that it's consistant all the time. Don't have to worry about the heavy DA pull.
Good to know. A P30 and Walther PPQ are on my list, but only if their triggers are similar enough to Glock's where I don't have to worry about changing my motions under stress.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts