Glock Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Spaulding discusses the stopping power with various caliber sizes for the pistol. Drawing on real world experience, his own thesis and autopsy results... Dave offers some interesting insights.
I thought this was worth posting

[video=youtube;bWMGBCVtTrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWMGBCVtTrM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions: RMD and 1jimmy

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that three shot drill but most indoor ranges frown on three shot bursts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I like that three shot drill but most indoor ranges frown on three shot bursts
I haven't found that to be true in any range I have visited. Most frown on unloading an entire magazine in 3 seconds, but if you are drilling they have no problems. My new range rents full autos so most people unload an entire magazine in under 3 seconds anyway. I don't think I have seen anyone there with a full auto running controlled fire, they just let it rip. Ohh the good times :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Three ranges I visit here in the DFW area all have signs that say no more than two round bursts and some of them want a delay in between shots.
There is a new range in FTW that allows drawing from a holster and rapid fire but you have to rent a "private suite"(23.00 an hour) and on the weekends they are backed up with people waiting.
There has been a couple of times I was asked to slow down because I was shooting to fast (for them)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Three ranges I visit here in the DFW area all have signs that say no more than two round bursts and some of them want a delay in between shots.
There is a new range in FTW that allows drawing from a holster and rapid fire but you have to rent a "private suite"(23.00 an hour) and on the weekends they are backed up with people waiting.
There has been a couple of times I was asked to slow down because I was shooting to fast (for them)
That sucks!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks!
That’s part of living in a big city and ranges having to deal with the wide verity of people, not to mention the anti's accusing them military training. When I was in a private gun club we weren’t allow wearing commo’s on the range or shooting silhouette targets for that very reason. I am looking forward to going to FTW and shooting at the private suits gun range but its some 45 miles away and it take a lot of the day just to shoot an hour

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
That’s part of living in a big city and ranges having to deal with the wide verity of people, not to mention the anti's accusing them military training. When I was in a private gun club we weren’t allow wearing commo’s on the range or shooting silhouette targets for that very reason. I am looking forward to going to FTW and shooting at the private suits gun range but its some 45 miles away and it take a lot of the day just to shoot an hour
I'm a member of the largest indoor range in the country and I'm happy to say we have none of those restrictions. We also have 3 other indoor ranges and 2 public outdoor and 3 private outdoor clubs in my area and they are non restrictive. The one on the Military base has caliber restrictions but that's about it.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
check this one out, its in german but you will get the point

[video=youtube;nyq90LEZe4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyq90LEZe4k[/video]

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I'm a member of the largest indoor range in the country and I'm happy to say we have none of those restrictions. We also have 3 other indoor ranges and 2 public outdoor and 3 private outdoor clubs in my area and they are non restrictive. The one on the Military base has caliber restrictions but that's about it.
That's a great situation to have, ZK

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
My indoor range rents bump stocks and recently got their class III - they like it fast :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts