Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused:......................................:confused:
I've heard a lot of bad reviews on the LaserMax guide rod/Glock issue, a few good ones...I just wondered if anyone here has had really good success with one...Thinking about equipping one of the Gen4 Glocks for night time in the house...I don't like the extra grip girth required with the Crimson Trace...Open to other ideas...Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i had a g27 with crimson work well because of the instinctive activation, translated to my language means there is a sensor on the back of the grip and as soon as you grab it the laser is on. laser max you have to turn on manually at least the ones i had experience with on a g23. the other major difference for me is you can adjust the crimson yourself, the laser max has to go back to the factory for adjustment. as far as quality they both worked well.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, 1jimmy...I don't like the grip w/Ct's on a Glock...If I don't find some favorable reply's toward the Lasermax, I may look for a small rail laser...Just concerned about cycling failures I've heard of w/LaserMax...Recoil spring looks really weak

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My Lasermax guide rod laser broke on it's second visit to the range. Had it fixed under warranty. Would not buy another, I shoot better using the sights alone. Would be a good imitation factor if needed.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...was beginning to think I wouldn't hear much good stuff about them...I prefer sights, as well, but as I stated I want to have something
dedicated for when things go "bump in the night"...to keep the 12 gauge company, lol

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I do have a lasermax in my Gen 2 G21, seem to work ok. I have not had any problems with it, I picked it up at a great price so I figured I would try it out.(I like using sights).
I was interested in one as well but have heard mixed results of performance. Since the install how many rounds have you put through the gun?, does it seem to be durable?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Thanks for the E bay info, I am sure I will not be the only one on this forum keeping an eye on it. In general I am not a big fan of laser sights, but if the price is real right.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts