Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. New member from Chicago. I recently got my FOID and purchased a Glock 17 Gen 4 today, I hope these next 3 days go by quickly. I am a gun noob, but I can certainly tell it will be a new hobby. Looking forward to some range time. I will be reading from the forum in the meantime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one quick question, when lubricating the glock at the connector and trigger bar. Do I have to use oil or would something like TW25B grease work?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'd buy a small bottle of gun oil (I use Breakfree LP) for the 3-2-1 lubing of the Glock. Glocks don't need more than 6 drops per cleaning and my bottle has lasted me years!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Dont skimp on gun oil, I use CLP Breakfree and cant remember when I bought the bottle I have now.
Welcome to the Forum !

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Welcome and what they said and may I add you don't want to over oil or grease. it has a tendency to attract dirt and burn/unbunrt gun powder

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome from Alabama! Sorry to hear that you live in the worst possible place to be a handgun owner! If anyone needs concealed carry, it's folks from Chicago! Always thought the FOID thing was an absolute joke!! :)

Reactions: ankle.brambledom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
welcome to the forum from the free states :)
I hear ya, at least they let me keep a gun :cool:

in anticipation of my glock (2 more days) I have bought Ballistol and TW25B milcomm grease. I was planning on cleaning with ballistol and then greasing the slide contacts and other parts with the grease, do I still need some gun oil?. I have read that Glocks run better on the dry side.

I read that Glock said the most important place to oil/lube is where the connector and trigger bar make contact. Would a little grease suffice for this area or is it something that is oil specific?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I hear ya, at least they let me keep a gun :cool:

in anticipation of my glock (2 more days) I have bought Ballistol and TW25B milcomm grease. I was planning on cleaning with ballistol and then greasing the slide contacts and other parts with the grease, do I still need some gun oil?. I have read that Glocks run better on the dry side.

I read that Glock said the most important place to oil/lube is where the connector and trigger bar make contact. Would a little grease suffice for this area or is it something that is oil specific?
There are very few points that need lubrication on a Glock and oil will do just fine for that application here is a link to the points, since you don't have your owners manual yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picked up the gun today and put 100 rounds through her. Love the gun. I am a worse shot than I first anticipated but I will be practicing. I think I discovered I am left eye dominant (right handed). Can't wait to go back to the range.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Picked up the gun today and put 100 rounds through her. Love the gun. I am a worse shot than I first anticipated but I will be practicing. I think I discovered I am left eye dominant (right handed). Can't wait to go back to the range.
Good to hear! Your shooting will no doubt improve over time when you try new and/or different ways to shoot. Took me quite a while to get good groups but from a lot of the tips from these great people on this forum, I get better, faster. :)

·
Registered
21,518 Posts

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
those hogue grips look nice
For 9 bucks (EBay free shipping on some) you can't go wrong and if you don't like it comes off with no glue of adhesives. If you get one use a hair dryer to soften the rubber and avoid stretching is it will fit tight and there is a top and a bottom so put it on right. I had one on my G26 but I had to cut it down so much it never felt right but on my G23 it rocks

hogue grips 008.JPG hogue grips 009.JPG

1 - 17 of 17 Posts