Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Glock forum to have a membership. I started shooting in February of 2009 and at that time settled on XDs as my handguns of choice. I've owned 5 XDs of which I still have two. Toward the end of last year I bought my wife a Gen 3 Glock 19, because she could not rack the slides of any of my XDs, but could quite easily rack the 19. Mind you, I went for the Gen 3 because of the single recoil spring instead of the captive spring on the Gen 4. That one seemed easier for her to manipulate. I shot the 19 along with my XDm 3.8 9mm Compact and found them equally accurate in my hands. The XDm has TFO night sights and a Scott Springer trigger job ($330.00), yet the stock 19 was just as capable for me to achieve tight groups.

I now own a 26 and a 27. I have detail stripped and done the $.25 trigger job on all three Glocks. I am astonished at the genius of Gaston Glock in the simplicity of his design. I would never attempt to detail strip my XDs. I saw a video once and thought that there was no way I could get beyond all those tiny springs.

I now am a Glock convert. I will keep my two remaining 9mm and 45cal XDs because of all the money invested, but my heart belongs to Glock.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bob...Lot's of happy helpful Glockers here ...Happy shooting...:)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome, Bob!

Funny you say that about your wife - when I was first getting into modern pistols years ago, I couldn't decide between an XD and G19. I took my wife to the LGS and had her hold & rack both and she liked the G19 better so that's what I bought. Glocks have since become a wonderful addiction :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome, it does seem that most of us have a former allegance to another brand or type of handgun but have switched to Glocks. My former favorite was the 1911, now i dont own one. I still admire the 1911, but Glock is much more practical, reliable and durable IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts