Glock Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm new here to the forum but not to guns. I've owned a ruger lc9,ak47, and right now I've got a s&w m&p .45c and of course my newest addition, a Glock 9 Gen4. i guess you can say i love all types of guns.No fanboy.

Anyways I've got a question, I've been doing quite of research and could use all your inputs. I've been thinking of making an titanium slide on my Glock. What do you all thing.Pros and Cons.
I have access to the material and machines.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and I have no idea how to make a slide.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I do not see any issues making a titanium slide, you would just have to play with different springs to make it cycle correctly. I would personally like to see this done. It would definitely require some killer machining skills!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I do not see any issues making a titanium slide, you would just have to play with different springs to make it cycle correctly. I would personally like to see this done. It would definitely require some killer machining skills!
welcome to the forum jmsnoodl. I agree with John, there would have to be some playing around with different springs to get the recoil correct. You would be dropping a couple ounce from the slide weight I would imagine. That would effect the use considerably. You could probably use some weight comparisons from the ported slides to get a gauge on which springs would be a good starting point.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!

There are a few reputable slide refinishers out there. Might check out what they offer - maybe a titanium look without changing the metal itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts