Glock Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all from the 7 cities. Not a current owner of a Glock but Im planning on getting a 30 SF for myself for Christmas. It will be my firearm and hand gun. Im not new to the world of firearms though, Ive been shooting hand guns, rifles and shot guns since I was about 13. I decided to try out my friends Glock 21 at the range one day and fell in love with it. Unfortunately it is a hand cannon and I want something smaller that still has amazing stopping power that I can conceal carry.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I have been to local shops to handle and fire both of them, I actually like the SF more, the grip just feels more natural in my hand. And thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Both are great pistols and ergonomics are very subjective. Some say the G30 is the most accurate Glock, Mas Ayoob for one.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
I want something smaller that still has amazing stopping power that I can conceal carry.
Caliber wars are nothing new to guns so we aren’t going to get into if bigger is better so with that you need to find one that fits your life style. A subcompact will do just fine as a home defense gun. If you buy one and don't like it life doesn't end; trade in or up.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The G30SF is an awesome pistol platform...small, compact, and launches bricks...

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hello to all from the 7 cities. Not a current owner of a Glock but Im planning on getting a 30 SF for myself for Christmas. It will be my firearm and hand gun. Im not new to the world of firearms though, Ive been shooting hand guns, rifles and shot guns since I was about 13. I decided to try out my friends Glock 21 at the range one day and fell in love with it. Unfortunately it is a hand cannon and I want something smaller that still has amazing stopping power that I can conceal carry.
I have a 36. Glocks' "stand alone" single stack .45 acp single stack 6 + 1. It does everything I want it to do. Very concealable! Found out when I first got it that I wasn't very accurate with it. At least not near as accurate as my 23 (.40 caliber). After lots of practice, got my groups down to a reasonable size and am very happy with it. Lots of stopping power no doubt! I put a Pearce +1 extension on 2 of my 3 magazines and still no problem for me to conceal. Of course, everyone will have different opinions because of the size of the person (and shape). Good luck with whatever you decide but I must add, you will want more than one! :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 36. Glocks' "stand alone" single stack .45 acp single stack 6 + 1. It does everything I want it to do. Very concealable! Found out when I first got it that I wasn't very accurate with it. At least not near as accurate as my 23 (.40 caliber). After lots of practice, got my groups down to a reasonable size and am very happy with it. Lots of stopping power no doubt! I put a Pearce +1 extension on 2 of my 3 magazines and still no problem for me to conceal. Of course, everyone will have different opinions because of the size of the person (and shape). Good luck with whatever you decide but I must add, you will want more than one! :)
Thanks for the info and the welcome. Ive wanted to look at the 36 also but all the shops I go to are always sold out of it. I will probably end up just going with the 30 SF. Im a pretty big guy so it shouldnt be a problem for me to conceal it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts