Glock Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a glock 19 gen 5 new. feels great, anyone know what size grip it comes with? I know it came with others. Have not shot it yet.And would you give it a good cleaning, out of the box, before the range? I heard different opinions on this. Thank you. rg9350

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Just bought a glock 19 gen 5 new. feels great, anyone know what size grip it comes with? I know it came with others. Have not shot it yet.And would you give it a good cleaning, out of the box, before the range? I heard different opinions on this. Thank you. rg9350
Take the gun apart, eyeball the parts and put touch’s of oil on it: put it back together, and just do the usual things like a function check. Look through the barrel, while you have it apart, and make sure that there are no obstructions.

Look the gun and mag over pretty close, and add some 3 in 1 oil: or whatever oil you prefer, I have a small bottle of 3 in 1, and Break Free. Oil and wipe the gun down, then shoot it at your convenience; you can skip a silicone cloth, which a lot of people seem to like, and just use an old t-shirt or an old set of cotton shorts.

Glock is an extremely reliable gun, and you nearly have to intend to bust it, in order to make it stop working.
The thing will outlast you if you do normal, sensible shooting with it. (+P ammo will never hurt it, check the FPS on it though.)

PS: I sound flippant but I’m not, the one thing to watch out for is an open flame or a hot burner.
It will melt your guns frame, and cook off your ammo. Leave it to me to say that, I am eccentric.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always clean a new firearm before firing it for the first time. If nothing else, I would at least clean the inside of the barrel.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I always clean a new firearm before firing it for the first time. If nothing else, I would at least clean the inside of the barrel.
There aren’t any members here, the owners of this forum let it die; it went into neglect about 3 years ago, and no body at Second Media even tries to heal it, since they have 1,000 others.

This one just sits here and collects ad revenue or something.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Oh, OK...3 posts in 4 years, was this last post it a drive by? A look see?
The old timers don’t even do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome aboard. I’ve had Glocks for years, but I just bought a 19 Gen 5 myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts