Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all, I just got done with 4 years in the Navy and will soon pursue a career as a civilian contractor. Have never owned a Glock but am looking at either a G17 or G19. Wanted to know if there is any added benefit to ported recoil compensators. Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
Welcome to the site and as far as a compensator goes IMO they are dirty and need cleaning all the time. When shooting at night they will blind you with a muzzle flash. Unless you are shooting in a competition there is no real reason for it in a defense gun

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Greetings to all, I just got done with 4 years in the Navy and will soon pursue a career as a civilian contractor. Have never owned a Glock but am looking at either a G17 or G19. Wanted to know if there is any added benefit to ported recoil compensators. Many thanks!!!
Welcome!

Welcome to the site and as far as a compensator goes IMO they are dirty and need cleaning all the time. When shooting at night they will blind you with a muzzle flash. Unless you are shooting in a competition there is no real reason for it in a defense gun
What he said :)

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Welcome, and I agree with the above on compensators,really no nead for one on a 9mm.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
What they said...^^^... thanks for your service, and welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome. I have a G19 and my wifes has a 19C, can't tell much difference between the two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts